Le Tour De France 2015

Froome is an incredible cyclist but I just can't warm to the bloke..he was brought up in South Africa which says a lot about his character and you can just tell he's an utter c*nt off camera

At the end of the day as much as I love Wiggo, Froome would destroy him these days

I want him to fall off or have a breakdown that lasts for about 3 mins.

Some shite being posted in this thread.
Anyway, I digress. Four seasons in a day on this stage so far. 11 mins ans unassailable lead for peleton to catch?
Thought there may be few more moves to try and distance Froome on the descents today really.
Be interesting to see how these 2 leaders cope with a climb like this.

Some shite being posted in this thread.
Anyway, I digress. Four seasons in a day on this stage so far. 11 mins ans unassailable lead for peleton to catch?
Thought there may be few more moves to try and distance Froome on the descents today really.
Be interesting to see how these 2 leaders cope with a climb like this.

Always the way mate, uninformed people throwing stones at what they dont understand properly. There is a thread on pro cycling if people want to talk about doping. I would prefer if this thread stays on topic of the actual race, might be too much to ask.

Chapeau Purito, one of my favourite riders in the peloton, glad to see him win. G again putting in a superb ride, he really is a super domestic now. As you were for GC contenders.

Always the way mate, uninformed people throwing stones at what they dont understand properly. There is a thread on pro cycling if people want to talk about doping. I would prefer if this thread stays on topic of the actual race, might be too much to ask.

Chapeau Purito, one of my favourite riders in the peloton, glad to see him win. G again putting in a superb ride, he really is a super domestic now. As you were for GC contenders.

If the Tour had a MOTM award then G wins it hands down for me. Can't see him staying at Sky much longer as a Domestique. He's too good!

Enjoyed today's finale in that weather. I cheered every attack just so someone would make a game of it. Guess we'll have to wait until the Alps now.

If the Tour had a MOTM award then G wins it hands down for me. Can't see him staying at Sky much longer as a Domestique. He's too good!

Enjoyed today's finale in that weather. I cheered every attack just so someone would make a game of it. Guess we'll have to wait until the Alps now.

If Braislford thinks he might be able to turn G into a fully formed GC rider who could take on Froome then he would favour him all the way imo, however can't see him being able to match the tiny lads in the high mountains on a regular basis, he is now the team leader for the classics Sky are desperate to pick one up and that pays a lot of money and with Porte going I see him getting a Giro shot, be surprised if he left to go to another team to be GC leader as he would struggle at present. You are right about the rider of the Tour he wins it for me but then I think he is rider of the year he has been quite brilliant on every outing

Tell the worldwide media that. I'm only a casual follower of the Tour but this year the majority of news articles I'm seeing are regarding alleged drug taking.

It's depressing reading and enough to put you off the sport for good. The whole drug witch-hunt against Froome when there's not a shred of evidence to back it up is just putting one of the greatest events in the world even further into disrepute.

Tell the worldwide media that. I'm only a casual follower of the Tour but this year the majority of news articles I'm seeing are regarding alleged drug taking.

It's depressing reading and enough to put you off the sport for good. The whole drug witch-hunt against Froome when there's not a shred of evidence to back it up is just putting one of the greatest events in the world even further into disrepute.

There is a thread on Pro cycling, if people want to talk about drugs then I suggest its done in there.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/the-pro-road-cycling-thread.270096/page-102

What the world media do isnt of much concern to me, as you said its enough to put you off the sport so why perpetuate the shite by repeating it in this thread? There are people who have agendas and axes to grind, this will never change, Froome to some people will always be dodgy, because of his back ground and because he was a late bloomer, due to a number of factors. Other sports have just as big a problem as cycling but cyclists have more stringent testing and are under higher scrutiny, so its bigger news, the fact that just as many athletes are doping and are getting caught doesnt get mentioned every time a world record is broken (I see a Kenyan woman has just broken the 1500m world record, no mention of doping though). The fact that Sky are dominating this event, with not only Froome but Thomas and Porte looking as strong as anyone else in the race, means there is more scandal and drama talking about drugs than the fact that the maillot jaune is all but tied up. Armstrong doing what he has, has added another string to the bow of those who would rather run the sport and spectacle down. Very sad.

I think todays stage showed who's going to be there in the Alps, Van Garderen, Contador and Nibali looked terrible. Froome, Quintana, Valverde looked good, the rest of the field don't have what it takes to get away from Froome, Quintana is the most likely but still doesn't have enough. Bardet looked better when there was no pressure on but what a ride from Cummings, attacked at the perfect moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.