League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

jimmygrimblesboots said:
great game to give fringe players and some players who need match fitness 90 minutes , , CABALERRO , - SAGNA , DEMICHELIS , MANGALA , CLICHY - NAVAS , LAMPARD , MILNER , KOLAROV - JOVETIC , AGUERO , if we price the ticket at £15 i think we will get a decent crowd , will attract the supporters who have been priced out of the premier league games ,

hope you are right with that squad we will concede if Boyata gets a start

I hope Pellegrini plays a side that will win and not one that should win like in recent years I would like to retain this cup Get another trophy early in the season again

noely said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Great draw for the fact Weds have great support and would expect 4000 from Sheffield. If City make it £15 adults and £5 for kids we would see 35-40k

Wednesday will bring at least 6000 they havent played a top flight team in a few years we are the champions and up the road

Yep, they'll bring loads and I will struggle to get a seat even more on the train (live in North Derbyshire). Should be a great atmosphere.

MCFC-alan88 said:
I'd like to see a Demichelis - Mangala pairing for this.

What for MDM hasn't got his form back from last season so wouldn't start Mangala with him. Start him Kompany and keep the confidence, that'll be the long term partnership anyhow.

Don't mind the Owls. One of the best away days I've had was the 6-2 Ali B show back in the Keegan days. Plus I've had a bit of a soft spot for these guys since they beat the scum at Wembley in 91.

deafmanstevo said:
I hope Sheffield Wednesday come back up, big ground great set of supporters, not too far to travel, big away end. Hope the other Sheffield team cup up too for similar reasons but if I had to chose I would pick Wednesday over u.....d !

I lived in Sheffield 24 years, worked there even longer. Have mates on both sides of the Sheffield divide. Proper cracking fans and most like and respect City. I did run into a BBC idiot once the day we got relegated at Stoke...chilling.

Despite that I have always preferred the Blades but have no problem with Wednesday. I hope they both get back in the Prem as soon as possible.

Sheffield United are nothing like our neighbours. They were "United" well before the filth were. They are more akin to City in terms of fans and having been underdog and as pointed out a bit more grounded...though we are hardly underdogs now, eh!!!! Wednesday fans are not arrogant though in my experience like the rags are. I also slightly prefer Sheff United because i have found their club more approachable and friendly - used to be involved in S Yorks Football Supporters A ssociation and Dave Bassett was brilliant - he came twice to our meeting, and they also sent players to our meetings. Wednesday sent their chief exec and on another occasion, one player, Ian Cranson. Ron Atkinson wasn't interested. Sheff United once sent Brian Marwood and Vinny Jones in one night!

I don't want to do Wednesday fans down. Their fans are equally as friendly as decent Blades, and are brilliant away from home. Very much like City.

Looking forward to it.

Good draw.

Opportunity to give gametime to the players who need it (Mangala) and one or two young players.

Afternoon all
We are looking forward to this one big time, 20 years of turning up in numbers to every un glamorous club I can think of has finally given us something to look forward to. Praying we get a big allocation as people are already panicking about not getting a ticket. PS the sid james thing is just temp, the smileys change all the time, it was tango a few month back.

Oh
And always liked your lot, been through similar stuff to what we have and you always got big crowds too, it's the plastic lot across the city I can't stand, or clubs like Chelsea who literally couldn't get 15k at a home match before they were good.

Will be a cracking atmosphere Wednesday will bring tons of support . Just hope they don't do MK Dons on us haha! Do like the Owls though and hope their takeover goes well like ours did.

Psychodelic said:
Will be a cracking atmosphere Wednesday will bring tons of support . Just hope they don't do MK Dons on us haha! Do like the Owls though and hope their takeover goes well like ours did.

Yeah, I like them too. Brilliant supporters in many times of adversity. Stuart Gray is doing a cracking job there despite the takeover not materialising yet. best of luck to them, (except against us though!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.