League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

davidhirst said:
Afternoon all
We are looking forward to this one big time, 20 years of turning up in numbers to every un glamorous club I can think of has finally given us something to look forward to. Praying we get a big allocation as people are already panicking about not getting a ticket. PS the sid james thing is just temp, the smileys change all the time, it was tango a few month back.

Oh
And always liked your lot, been through similar stuff to what we have and you always got big crowds too, it's the plastic lot across the city I can't stand, or clubs like Chelsea who literally couldn't get 15k at a home match before they were good.

Your allocation is likely to be somewhere around 5,500. That area of the ground is being renovated so it will cut your numbers slightly.

davidhirst said:
Afternoon all
We are looking forward to this one big time, 20 years of turning up in numbers to every un glamorous club I can think of has finally given us something to look forward to. Praying we get a big allocation as people are already panicking about not getting a ticket. PS the sid james thing is just temp, the smileys change all the time, it was tango a few month back.

Oh
And always liked your lot, been through similar stuff to what we have and you always got big crowds too, it's the plastic lot across the city I can't stand, or clubs like Chelsea who literally couldn't get 15k at a home match before they were good.

Welcome. That David Hirst was a crackin' player wasn't he?-He was slowed down by injuries inflicted by Bould and Adams tactic of kicking the forward's ankles. Skilful player, proper striker. That was a good team you had then: Waddle, Sheridan, Hirst, Des Walker.

Good luck except when you play us of course.

Get yourselves back up to the Premier League. Need a shorter trip or two...

lived in Sheffield back in the mid 70's when I was a stuuuudent!
Best mate was an owl and my landlord was a blade!!
Had some brilliant nights out there on very little money and must
say they are a friendly bunch in general and not afraid to put their
hands in their pockets....
Been to both grounds quite a few times .... no mither, but Bramall lane was looking a bit
tired when I went last.
Oh ....Sheffield was the first place I came across that sold huge ( see how I managed to avoid mass...) pickle
onions with fish and chips....loveeeerly.

Wednesday made a lot of noise in the kippax back in 1979 during a narrow league cup win,great support that night from them.

Remember when they were the "home" side v county in the 80's in the league cup at Maine rd - 6 nil that night I think?

Remember them playing the band many years back and we sang your going down again Wednesday to the tune. A fun night.

Not seen any references to it, but could have sworn we played Wednesday at the Etihad just a few years back in the Cup?

Think it was a replay and might have even taken the lead at our place.

What I do remember is them bringing around 7,000 behind the goal?

On a more pertinent point, I always thought Wednesday had by far the best looking female fans when it was a regular fixture in the early mid-90s.

Not sure why, might have been when I was still on teenage heat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.