League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

Pants is the best keeper for me. Not just in the cup games but in all the games. Joe Hart makes silly decisions where pants in more dependable. Besides there will be an aerial threat against Sunderland and Hart is not good at dealing with high balls into the box as we have seen this season. Pants for me.

kevinmcfc said:
Pants is the best keeper for me. Not just in the cup games but in all the games. Joe Hart makes silly decisions where pants in more dependable. Besides there will be an aerial threat against Sunderland and Hart is not good at dealing with high balls into the box as we have seen this season. Pants for me.

I'd say that Joe Hart has been absolutely fantastic ever since his return to the team. I don't remember seeing him making a silly decision and his performances have been flawless. Having said that, I'd still pick Pantilimon for the cup final as he's been our guy for the cup all along.

Should not even be a discussion. Pantilimon for more than the fact he has been the one that has been playing the domestic cupgames. Amd he's a good enough back-up to Joe Hart for that matter, if not even a better goalkeeper.

Can anyone explain where this mantra that the goalkeeper that played in the earlier rounds has to play in the final originated from?

Its common practice to play a weaker team in the earlier rounds of the domestic cups, particularly against lower league opposition. But when it comes to the later rounds, or against stronger opposition, teams tend to pick close to their strongest team. There might be some rotation if, for example, they have a tough CL match in midweek following the final but that's about it.

Absolutely nobody seems to be suggesting that Boyata or Garcia have to start on Sunday just because they've played most of the earlier rounds. Or suggesting that it would be an outrage if Kompany, Silva and Aguero (if fit) started having not "contributed" in the competition so far.

Why is the gk position so different?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.