League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

The way I look at it is the number 2 keeper has to be match fit as far as possible because one never knows when he will be called upon to play. If he has sat on the bench all season and got very few games then his confidence and the defences confidence in him will not be very high.
Pants gets to play the cups and that gives him motivation to train hard and strive to be the best that he can be and therefore well able to take over the keepers jersey as and when required.
In the games he has played he has proven he is worth keeping at the club as back up.

I'd be surprised to see Hart start - Pants has been the cup keeper throughout and deserves his place. It's not like he's some shite keeper who's just been plucked from Sunday League, he's an international who rarely lets us down when picked. I still believe Hart to be the better goalkeeper, but it's not as cut and dried as some believe. I certainly won't be concerned if he's chosen to start.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Hart has been brilliant since he came back after that mistake against Chelsea. Hart all day long.
He's been gradually getting better, I think brilliant might be stretching it a bit.

NI Blue said:
The way I look at it is the number 2 keeper has to be match fit as far as possible because one never knows when he will be called upon to play. If he has sat on the bench all season and got very few games then his confidence and the defences confidence in him will not be very high.
Pants gets to play the cups and that gives him motivation to train hard and strive to be the best that he can be and therefore well able to take over the keepers jersey as and when required.
In the games he has played he has proven he is worth keeping at the club as back up.

I can see the logic of playing Costel often enough to keep him sharp. Just don't see why it has to be a hard and fast rule of playing the no 2 in the domestic cups and the 1st choice in the PL/CL. What would have been wrong with playing Costel against Stoke to give him match practice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.