League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

Pants deserves his moment of glory.
But
Hart has been excellent recently.
But
then again Hart could do with a rest for the final run in
But
We cant afford any slip ups in the final & Hart is the better.
But
Oh fuck it give them half each.

Long term, Hart is our number one keeper (that was a fine save against Stoke, by the way, and at a crucial moment). Costel is a fine keeper, and I would choose him for this match. The argument about keeping him sharp is a valid one, in my opinion. If Hart gets injured and Costel never, ever plays then it's a recipe for disaster.

If people remember, Pantilimon said in the week before the FA Cup final that he wanted to leave. So you can't blame Mancini for not picking him. Had he not said those comments, he'd have been between the sticks, so it was his own fault really. I want Pants to be in net for this game but i don't see it as a way of making up for last year's final.

All this "pants deserves it" rubbish is exactly that, rubbish. As I said earlier he messed up and spoke out of line before the FA Cup final and was deservedly dropped as a result wether we like it or not loyalty really has no place in modern day football take each game as it comes and pick the best team we can not a team of people who deserve it or have got messed around previously just because he's played a few games in this cup run doesn't mean he should start at all, whilst we're at it why not have boyata in defence I mean he's played a few games right? Best team possible and that includes Hart, Englands N1 and 3 consecutive times winner of the golden glove he didn't get them by accident did he? (Yes I'll accept a solid defence did play a part in it too)

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
The argument about keeping him sharp is a valid one, in my opinion. If Hart gets injured and Costel never, ever plays then it's a recipe for disaster.
No one's advocating never playing him, just that we should be picking our best players for a cup final.

Dubai Blue said:
The argument about keeping him sharp is a valid one, in my opinion. If Hart gets injured and Costel never, ever plays then it's a recipe for disaster.
No one's advocating never playing him, just that we should be picking our best players for a cup final.

But every game from now on is like a cup final so keeping sharp through rotation will be key. I think.

Hoghead said:
Dubai Blue said:

But every game from now on is like a cup final so keeping sharp through rotation will be key. I think.

Sharpness shouldn't be a problem for a keeper - most keeprs play the vast majority of games. The problem for Hart is poor form. The argument/debate is whether he is allowed play through this loss of form, or whether a keeper who is a more than accompished replacement, is picked.
The "but he's won 3 golden gloves" argument is irrelevant - it's about form and confidence here and now. Therefore Pantilimon for me.

I have been told barring injury it will be Pants and I for one am very Happy about that

He may be number two at the moment but I genuinely feel that there is nothing between Hart and Pantillimon in terms of ability

Hart has some serious flaws in his game and so does Pantilimon but I feel that once you have a rotation policy for cup games you have to stick with it if not play your best keeper in all competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.