League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

Some people want to pick the team on assumed sentimentality?

I think we should buy back Dickov, Sweep and give Lakey a game whilst we're there

Goatfacekillah said:
kun said:
DTKOAG said:
After the way Mancini shat on Pantillimon last year it has to be Pants..
To be fair, that was Costel's fault for gobbing off to the papers talking about how winning the FA Cup was going to be his last game for City.

That probably didn't help, and was inadvisable, but Mancini's lack of finesse on dealing with such issues maybe lost us the cup. Can't imagine how that went down in the changing room but it can't have left a good atmosphere.

The whole episode around the Cup Final with the imminent Mancini sacking was very strange.
Pants was stupid giving that interview saying that he wanted away but he has since said that Mancini, in the lead up to the game, assured
him that he would still be playing. There are rumours that Joe went above Mancini's head and told Khaldoon that he wanted to play as he was
the first choice keeper and that Pants would be off after the game. The story is Khaldoon then persuaded Mancini into changing his decision.
I don't know how true that rumour is but it would explain a lot. I think for the Sunderland game I'd play Pants. I'd also play Lescott & Milner
as they are top quality players albeit not first choices who have played a lot of cup games. I don't think it was lack of ability that did for us against Wigan I think it was lack of team spirit. I think that the decision not to play Pants ruined the atmosphere within the camp and maybe that was down to Hart & Khaldoon more than Mancini. For the record I think that Hart is the better keeper but team spirit is more important in football.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mcfcinprague said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Pantilimon.
If nothing else to apologise for mancinis shameful decision to dump him from the fa cup final

Agree with this in every way

Why should peele apologise for Pants opening his mouth to the media before the cup final and even if he didn't why should pelle apologise for someone else's behaviour
Thank fuck someone else is on my wavelength.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Goatfacekillah said:
kun said:
To be fair, that was Costel's fault for gobbing off to the papers talking about how winning the FA Cup was going to be his last game for City.

That probably didn't help, and was inadvisable, but Mancini's lack of finesse on dealing with such issues maybe lost us the cup. Can't imagine how that went down in the changing room but it can't have left a good atmosphere.

The whole episode around the Cup Final with the imminent Mancini sacking was very strange.
Pants was stupid giving that interview saying that he wanted away but he has since said that Mancini, in the lead up to the game, assured
him that he would still be playing. There are rumours that Joe went above Mancini's head and told Khaldoon that he wanted to play as he was
the first choice keeper and that Pants would be off after the game. The story is Khaldoon then persuaded Mancini into changing his decision.
I don't know how true that rumour is but it would explain a lot. I think for the Sunderland game I'd play Pants. I'd also play Lescott & Milner
as they are top quality players albeit not first choices who have played a lot of cup games. I don't think it was lack of ability that did for us against Wigan I think it was lack of team spirit. I think that the decision not to play Pants ruined the atmosphere within the camp and maybe that was down to Hart & Khaldoon more than Mancini. For the record I think that Hart is the better keeper but team spirit is more important in football.
A lot of that is of course hearsay and we will probably never know, what we do know though is that Khaldoon and Mancini are good friends so be hard to see that happening. With your second point the camp is a much more happier place now, nearly every player had had enough of Mancini and I also think vice versa the problem is you play the best team in a cup final because its a cup final. No team I can remember in recent history and I include Arsenal has not used the first team in the final, its not just tradition and respect for the competition, fans and opponents its about giving the team and the club the best chance for winning. Hart is No1 at moment and it doesn't matter if some fans will never forgive him for Chelsea he has been reinstated and Pants is No2 again. Other way round and I would say Pants should start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.