League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Pantilimon all day long. Lets not make the same mistake we did against Wigan and let mr flappy play the showcase game in a competition he contributed nothing towards.

3 years Golden Glove winner on the trot (a Premier League joint-record). England's number one. Premier League title and FA Cup winning Joe Hart.

"Mr Flappy".

I'm absolutely not having it that you're not a rag.

We play our best 11 fit and available on the day.

I couldn't give a hoot who has played for us in the previous rounds.

This is a chance of silverware.............can you imagine the outcry if we tried to be clever and win it with a second eleven and failed?

Hart for me. The biggest question is who partners Kompany at the back, other than that if everyone fit the team should pretty much pick itself.

Damocles said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Pantilimon all day long. Lets not make the same mistake we did against Wigan and let mr flappy play the showcase game in a competition he contributed nothing towards.

3 years Golden Glove winner on the trot (a Premier League joint-record). England's number one. Premier League title and FA Cup winning Joe Hart.

"Mr Flappy".

I'm absolutely not having it that you're not a rag.

I'm not sure that Golden Glove tells you too much in a team like ours. Being included in the best PL team when playing for Birmingham is more indicative.

really dont know who i would go for, but i reckon it will probably be panti as he is our cup keeper

That's logically backwards.

You can't have clean sheets in spite of your goalkeeper. Also, people weren't saying this when Van Der Saar or Cech won it, they were recognised for their achievement and contributions.

If Hart was Italian, he'd be one of the best keepers in the world to most. He's shit because he's English and the daft stereotype that all English players are overrated was fought against until it became the now stereotype that all English players are wank.

I notice this a lot really.

A: X is good, not great
B: X might be great
C: X is great
D: X is overrated
C: X is good
D: X is wank

Most of the world is made up of D's unfortunately because they consume media and the sports media is infuriating and atrocious. Every controversial opinion seems to have a swingometre that very rarely lands anywhere but an extreme opinion. Hart is an excellent example of this

Pants

For the following reasons:

1) He may be leaving this year put him in a showcase final to increase his value if any

2) Recognition of being back up keeper at city last couple of seasons.

3) Hart can be goalie in FA cup

4) Show that both keepers are valued and capable of playing in a prestige game.

5) If we treat him as an equal he may put pen to paper and sign a new contract.

Pants.

It's important to encourage good back up players....... it will make it easier to recruit promising young players in the future.

Damocles said:
That's logically backwards.

You can't have clean sheets in spite of your goalkeeper. Also, people weren't saying this when Van Der Saar or Cech won it, they were recognised for their achievement and contributions.

If Hart was Italian, he'd be one of the best keepers in the world to most. He's shit because he's English and the daft stereotype that all English players are overrated was fought against until it became the now stereotype that all English players are wank.

I notice this a lot really.

B: X might be great
C: X is great
D: X is overrated
C: X is good
D: X is wank

Most of the world is made up of D's unfortunately because they consume media and the sports media is infuriating and atrocious. Every controversial opinion seems to have a swingometre that very rarely lands anywhere but an extreme opinion. Hart is an excellent example of this

I've given my balanced opinion on the two of them earlier in the thread... But I do think a good, maybe even fair, keeper can get a Golden Glove in a team like ours - they're facing less shots as one factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.