League or Champions League?

Which would you rather win?

• Total voters
After yesterday I think I want to win the CL more just to annoy as many people as possible

We don't need to choose. I want both. As things stand, Champions League is still a Cup comp and I want us to be acknowledged again as the best team in England over the course of a season. Nobody has retained the Premier League for a decade and I don't see anybody else doing it, anytime soon, outside of us.

We really did have a great shot last year with the League already bagged up.

I want to win every competition we enter and its clear the club wants the champions league so by default i do too but from a purely personal point of view I couldn't care less about it, it represents everything wrong with modern football, It's all about money and the brand. Why is a 4th place side allowed entry into the "champions" league? It should be a shorter competition where only the actual champions are permitted to enter, would also solve the issue of the Europa league having less than no worth if big English/spanish/German sides are in that instead. Why are teams seeded to avoid big games early and big money making teams potentially going out in the early stages? It should be completely unseeded where any team can play another from the start. I'd be delighted if we won it this year then refused our invatation to defend it next year and went and played some high profile friendlies to cover the lost income it brings instead. Fuck uefa.

Since it's getting towards crunch time in the season I was thinking about whether I would prefer to win the league or the champions league if I had to choose between the two.

I decided I would rather win the league for two reasons. Firstly, it is much more of an indicator of who is the best team over a long season and it would prove how good we are winning it back to back. Secondly, I would love to see the meltdown from the dippers and the media.

I would imagine most people involved with the club would choose the champions league and most fans would choose the league. Luckily we are still in four competitions and we know Pep and the players will go for every trophy with the same desire and belief, unlike the scousers.

What would you choose if you had to?
League

Champions League for me. Never thought I’d see us win anything, I was 3 in 1976 when we won the League cup so 37 before I finally saw us win a trophy.
Three league titles, three league cups and the FA cup later and the only thing left for me to experience now is a European title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.