LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

Police have a huge say in allocations and with the shit that went down at the last derby i will wager they have insisted in allocations being cut due to the likelihood of trouble.

If thats is the case the clubs wont have much say imo.

Police have a huge say in allocations and with the shit that went down at the last derby i will wager they have insisted in allocations being cut due to the likelihood of trouble.

I think it would have been better if City had said we aren’t taking any tickets if that was the case and I’m sure the coppers were an influence.

So why didn't GMP over rule the TV companies and clubs on the Saturday 5.30pm kick off?

Most fans will be working that Tuesday, so they won't have time to drink. And they will be working the next day.

Work, home, match, home.

Last edited:

Never heard of this happening ever before - a 10% deduction for persistent standing at Liverpool and Sunderland, and Millwall v City/Burnley and Stoke in 2000/02 having no away fans due to real trouble, but not a 61% reduction in allocation. If it is due to police (and not the clubs being tight saving on policing costs) the clubs normally are not shy about saying it.

It is a windfall couple of games for both clubs, the extra policing cost should not be an issue, but it looks like it is a big factor.

I wonder if a decent protest would be to take up squatters’ rights in the Ardwick Pub and pull our own pints!

I now expect Soriano, the other Directors, and the players to give up their tickets and to give them to some of the 6000 fans who have missed out on a ticket.

And make no mistake about this. City's away end will still be full of tourist and day trippers like it always is, with away tickets floating around on the ticket resale websites.

Never heard of this happening ever before - a 10% deduction for persistent standing at Liverpool and Sunderland, and Millwall v City/Burnley and Stoke in 2000/02 having no away fans due to real trouble, but not a 61% reduction in allocation. If it is due to police (and not the clubs being tight saving on policing costs) the clubs normally are not shy about saying it.

It is a windfall couple of games for both clubs, the extra policing cost should not be an issue, but it looks like it is a big factor.
I don't think this is GMP's idea either, think the clubs have cooked this up between them.

The GMP allowed a derby on a saturday at 5:30 the week after most peoples pay day.

They fucked up by allowing that, and them and the clubs are just being reactionary if that is the case for this move (which I doubt). No midweek night derbies recently have had any nore than expected levels of trouble from either set.

The last derby was a fuck up waiting to happen as soon as announced, every fan knew it, this is a cop out by the clubs that will ultimately damage it's relationship with many.

If we as fans had anything about us we would agree a joint boycott between us and the rags fans for both games

It won't happen though.

The second kick in the teeth will be a ridiculous set of high ticket prices so soon after christmas when some get delayed wagw payments , tickets should be capped at the same prices as early rounds to placate the fns that are righted fucked off by this.

Last edited:
The GMP allowed a derby on a saturday at 5:30 the day after most peoples pay day.

They fucked up by allowing that, and them and the clubs are just being reactionary if that is the case for this move (which I doubt). No midweek night derbies recently have had any nore than expected levels of trouble from eother set.

The last derby was a fuck up waiting to happen as soon as announced, every fan knew it, this is a cop out by the clubs that will ultimately damage it's relationship with many.

If we as fans had anything about us we would agree a joint boycott between us and the rags fans for both games

It won't happen though.

The second kick in the teeth will be a ridiculous set of high ticket prices so soon after christmas when some get delayed wagw payments , tickets should be capped at the same prices as early rounds to placate the fns that are righted fucked off by this.

Agree with what you say though in fairness given its a local Derby semi final tickets priced between £28-£35 are reasonable and whilst no news on prices yet for 2nd leg there going to have to be similar

Agree with what you say though in fairness given its a local Derby semi final tickets priced between £28-£35 are reasonable and whilst no news on prices yet for 2nd leg there going to have to be similar

I expect £40 if reports rags are paying £29 with the 25% discount think my maths is correct on this £40 - 25% is £29ish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.