LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

Police have a huge say in allocations and with the shit that went down at the last derby i will wager they have insisted in allocations being cut due to the likelihood of trouble.

If thats is the case the clubs wont have much say imo.

Funny that as I remember the Bellamy incident at the swamp very well and there were no repercussions for the scum.

Edit. I would also say it won’t stop determined away fans getting tickets so there will be more trouble in the home ends

It was a mistake allowing the derby at 5.30 on a Saturday and i will wager we wont see another one at that time no matter how much tv asks for it.

There have always been risks at the derby.

Down the years there have been numerous incidents at Maine Road, the Etihad and Old Trafford, even with a 3000 allocation for both sets of fans.

Where was the uproar from United and City when City fans were pelted with bottles, coins, etc, in the upper tier of the K-Stand?

Where were the United Stewards?

Where were GMP? Holding City fans back at full-time and not dealing with the United fans throwing objects.

Every city derby in the country has problems at some point.

No, it’s not great, but because local rivalry is so fierce, passion and stupidity constantly spill over.

You’re right and it’s the idiots that spoil it but I’m just saying a large proportion of the blame, for me, is at the feet of those idiots and I can see, given recent issues, why the clubs and police wish to reduce to away allocations.

Having a kick off at 17:30 is also incredibly stupid, for the match last month.

Blame the PL, the TV companies, City, United and GMP for allowing a 5.30pm kick off on Saturday Night in December, with the Christmas Markets on.

If that game would have been played at Midday on Saturday or Sunday, there wouldn’t have been any trouble.

We are now in a situation where every future domestic cup derby will be treated in a similar way and 6000 City fans will miss out again.

Perhaps in the future City, United and GMP will tell the PL, Sky and BT to f*** off when they want to reschedule a derby to a 5.30pm kick off.

Of course they won’t, because the clubs are more interested in money until something happens like it did at the derby.

Partly to blame yes but I’ve been at 100’s of games, having drank substantial amounts in the build, including big games against Utd, Liverpool and more and I haven’t ever thrown something at a player, started a fight, used racist language or signals.

A 17:30 shouldn’t absolve guilt to the scrotes behaving in that way.

The rags will want revenge for what happened at the Etihad and they will go for it. You don’t have to be inspector Cluseo to figure it out, it’s a no brainer for the GMP who have also got wind that 6,000 City fans are planning to march to the swamp wearing flares.

I expect £40 if reports rags are paying £29 with the 25% discount think my maths is correct on this £40 - 25% is £29ish

Those are united's normal prices they publish at the start of the season - we make them up on a match by match basis.

Teh good thing is we get the 20% discount (then rounded up to the nearest pound), as we didn't get the discount in 2004 or 2010 and is something I complained was breaking the rules.

Colchester didn't get the season ticket discount, they were mainly on the east upper, were as will start at E233 (£28) as normal E232-E230 (£29) in the corner, and the South stand wing STH229 (£35)

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/carabao-cup-update/

However: "Our entitlement is 7,410 tickets but Manchester United have generously allocated us 8,495 tickets.

I believe that 8,495 tickets will be enough to satisfy demand, but as it is an historic game for the club with a chance to make history against what is possibly the biggest football club in the world, it is only correct that we prioritise ticket sales."

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/man-utd-ticket-update/

Blame the PL, the TV companies, City, United and GMP for allowing a 5.30pm kick off on Saturday Night in December, with the Christmas Markets on.

If that game would have been played at Midday on Saturday or Sunday, there wouldn’t have been any trouble.

We are now in a situation where every future domestic cup derby will be treated in a similar way and 6000 City fans will miss out again.

Perhaps in the future City, United and GMP will tell the PL, Sky and BT to f*** off when they want to reschedule a derby to a 5.30pm kick off.

Of course they won’t, because the clubs are more interested in money until something happens like it did at the derby.
That’s not true.

Ive never seen any derby game ever where there wasn’t trouble, never. It’s kicked off in every single one I’ve been to over 30 years of me attending them.

We’ve kicked off at midday on a Sunday before, no pubs open pre-game, and it kicked off big time afterwards outside the ground.

The rags will want revenge for what happened at the Etihad and they will go for it. You don’t have to be inspector Cluseo to figure it out, it’s a no brainer for the GMP who have also got wind that 6,000 City fans are planning to march to the swamp wearing flares.

There's not a chance of me getting back into my flares from the 70's. ;-)

29099ca91824ebc935a0b1ff52547467.jpg

The Red Army, 70's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.