LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

There's not a chance of me getting back into my flares from the 70's. ;-)

29099ca91824ebc935a0b1ff52547467.jpg

The Red Army, 70's.
My Dad said they were always scruffy ****s the Rags, same as Leeds fans.

Never had any style.

He was in a Harrington jacket with brogues at the time they thought they were a Bay City Rollers tribute firm.

My Dad said they were always scruffy ****s the Rags, same as Leeds fans.

Never had any style.

He was in a Harrington jacket with brogues at the time they thought they were a Bay City Rollers tribute firm.
Agreed. A right load of wool laden Les Mckeown lookalikes. Compare them to the pictures of Donald and Seth etc from 1977.

That’s not true.

Ive never seen any derby game ever where there wasn’t trouble, never. It’s kicked off in every single one I’ve been to over 30 years of me attending them.

We’ve kicked off at midday on a Sunday before, no pubs open pre-game, and it kicked off big time afterwards outside the ground.

It hasn't always kicked off. More so than never, though.

There will always be scuffles as fans cross each other, especially at OT. There will be a lot of bouncing around and chanting outside the ground after the final whistle until GMP deploy their attack Dogs and disperse the fans.

But, an early kick off substantially reduces the risk of crowd trouble inside and outside the ground.

We all know that local derbys, no matter which city they are played in around the World will always result in flash points and trouble.

But again, I go back to the ridiculous 5.30pm kick off on a Saturday night with all day drinking.

The TV companies, City and United, and GMP knew what was going to happen. We all did. But they let it go ahead.

They are just as much to blame as the fans who misbehaved on the night at the Etihad.

Last edited:
I now expect Soriano, the other Directors, and the players to give up their tickets and to give them to some of the 6000 fans who have missed out on a ticket.

And make no mistake about this. City's away end will still be full of tourist and day trippers like it always is, with away tickets floating around on the ticket resale websites.
Unfortunately true.

Pages upon pages of complaints yet you all will still go.

I don’t know of any other group that has the power to change things yet refuses to do so time and time again than British football fans.

You are right

But there will always be another City fan who will have my/that ticket.

England isn't Germany or Italy.

We slate the European Ultras, but they would boycott this game and the clubs. And the clubs would get the message. Once, but no more.

It hasn't always kicked off. More so than never, though.

There will always be scuffles as fans cross each other, especially at OT. There will be a lot of bouncing around and chanting outside the ground after the final whistle until GMP deploy their attack Dogs and disperse the fans.

But, an early kick off substantially reduces the risk of crowd trouble inside and outside the ground.

We all know that local derbys, no matter which city they are played in around the World will always result in flash points and trouble.

But again, I go.back to a ridiculous 5.30pm.kick off on a Saturday night, with all day drinking.

The TV companies, City and United, and GMP knew what was going to happen. We all did. But they let it go ahead.

They are just as much to blame as the fans who misbehaved on the night at the Etihad.

I think most fans expected trouble with a 5.30 Saturday kick off but it’s the fans that cop it when the predicted bother happens,
with reduced away allocation in a semi final.
The police would not have allowed a derby to kick off at this time on a Saturday a few years ago. Got to wonder why it’s acceptable now.

I wonder if the club are planning to host a live screening at the Etihad of the first leg as a way of generating money and saying they are meeting demands of fans which is of course bs

I wonder if the club are planning to host a live screening at the Etihad of the first leg as a way of generating money and saying they are meeting demands of fans which is of course bs

Think the days of screenings in stadiums are long gone. Particularly on a Monday night in the middle of winter. Much prefer my living room or a pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.