Led Zeppelin

A few years back on holiday I went to see the remote cottage in mid Wales where much of Led Zeppelin 3 was conceived in 1970.

Start of the long drag uphill....
2hywayo.jpg

The road was by now was becoming incredibly steep
dcwrgw.jpg

On on and on and on....even steeper..
eq1f1l.jpg

Then, we forked off along a track that seemed to go on forever..
osubes.jpg

House name on stone, by the side of the track.
dhekxf.jpg

After what seemed like an age the remote cottage came into view
25ugm8o.jpg

The cottage again:-
2vxrm8i.jpg

Sign on cottage gate:-Inscription reads Bron yr aur.....Micro farm.
sdpiyt.jpg
All I can think of is you sneaking about in a voyeuristic way, hiding amongst Robert's plants whilst thinking about smelling his jockstrap. Did you knock one off the wrist with binoculars and zoom lens at the ready, just incase? ; )

Yeah, I saw 2 Purple gigs in the early 70's and I preferred them to Zep. Both great bands though, just personal preference, also big fan of Sabbath.
I saw one at the Kings Hall, Belle Vue, around that time, just after the Burn album came out. I saw Sabbath at the Free Trade Hall around the same time.
And Hawkwind, Humble Pie, Moody Blues ( the first of the "goodbye" series of gigs) and, of course, Yes.

In the days of my youth...

... I'm sorry to say I didn't see this band...

Good times.

Bad times.

Know I've had a few.

Would've had another good time if I'd only seen Zeppelin live!

Manchester University Students Union, either round Christmas 1970, or maybe January 1971. We were packed in like the proverbial sardines, I don’t think I’ve ever been so hot at a rock concert. With my girlfriend of the time. A wall of sound in a hall with a low ceiling. My ears rang for fully twenty-four hours. That was a good winter: a month or two later, Stones at Free Trade Hall, with Groundhogs as openers.
I’m just about to retire, and I still put those albums on with huge pleasure. All of them, but especially Physical Graffiti. The eternal adolescent (although I don’t stoop to playing air guitar along with Jimmy’s solos).

I saw one at the Kings Hall, Belle Vue, around that time, just after the Burn album came out. I saw Sabbath at the Free Trade Hall around the same time.
And Hawkwind, Humble Pie, Moody Blues ( the first of the "goodbye" series of gigs) and, of course, Yes.

I was also at the Kings Hall Purple one in 1974, the first UK tour featuring Coverdale and Hughes.

They were supported by ELF, who's singer was a certain Mr Ronnie James Dio, who later joined Blackmore to form Rainbow.

I was also at the Kings Hall Purple one in 1974, the first UK tour featuring Coverdale and Hughes.

They were supported by ELF, who's singer was a certain Mr Ronnie James Dio, who later joined Blackmore to form Rainbow.
The highlight of ELF's performance was the roadies trying to get their piano off the stage. It reminded me of another incident with a piano by Stan and Ollie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.