Leeds (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

If Gundogan had scored that pen no one would have any issues - I hope Pep does not have a go at him for taking it and missing. Like others said, who knows if Haaland would have scored one today given the chances he missed.

3 points won - job done. Let's hope Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow.
Think ‘he’ll tell them, doubt he’ll make a big deal of it.

If Gundogan had scored that pen no one would have any issues - I hope Pep does not have a go at him for taking it and missing. Like others said, who knows if Haaland would have scored one today given the chances he missed.

3 points won - job done. Let's hope Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow.
But he did miss it so should rightly take the lesson that comes with it

I think the Gundogan thing is really overexaggerated.

Haaland missed every shot today and Gundogan was on a hat-trick. When we're comfortable with 10 mins to go of course he's going to stand up and want to take it, I'd be worried if he didn't.

There was a bit of complacency but only for 5 mins of the whole game where we missed a penalty and they scored a goal, that was it.
If that pen had been scored we would have had a clean sheet, if Haaland had missed it we would have had a clean sheet. It was the psychology of the situation that turned a routine win and a slap to Allardyce’s ego into a nervy 10 minutes and an opportunity for more Big Fat Sam bu!!sh!t.

Whats more concerning for me than the penalty incident is the performance of some of our players today, Mahrez (bar the assists) and Alvarez were shockingly bad for consecutive games. They will be called upon vs Everton and they need to perform better.

2nd half pace was too slow after 60 mins but we were still creating chances so not to concerned, 3 points is most important.

Those players are getting an absolute bollocking right now
Coukd have worked out well for us in that respect. Gives pep an excuse to bollock them and sharpen minds again. Plus it looks like hell put his foot down on penalties. if haaland is on the pitch, he takes them.

We got the points is all that matters.

Haaland might be in trouble though.
Pep should have set a precedent earlier when Mahrez was taking penalties with Haaland available. When it was asked in the press conference, Pep said the players decide it. Now, he cannot blame Haaland just because Gundogan missed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.