Leeds (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Could have been much better, could have been a lot worse that’s the way I’m looking at it.

Good game from Rico
Dreadful finishing from Haaland
KDB looked off it
Phil’s getting there
Hope Ake is just a precaution

3 points are all that really matter.

Well I disagree on some.
Rico great, only some inexperience mistakes.
KDB good. Seems this time after an injury did not lose his touch and vision.
Haaland a bit strange today but thankfully that was his off night and will turn it on on Madrid again.

Foden..... hmm. I did not like him. He wanted to play, he tried but the left side is not for him. I'm sure he would be excellent at right side or anywhere else.
I missed Grealish this game :) Most of the times that the ball was coming to Foden then he stopped and passed backwards. He had some good crosses this time though so it was an improvement but Grealish is so much better of a threat there.

Last edited:
Hopefully that puts an end to our penalty taker issues that have been present ever since Sergio stopped being a starter. Could be a massive learning curve in the grand scheme of things.
there was no penalty issue, Haaland takes doesn't he.

Last edited:
3 points is all that matters although we looked complacent in the second half. Lesson learnt that we can’t take things for granted when looking comfortable. No problem with Erling giving Gundo the pen. It was the decent thing to do even if it didn’t work out.

Haaland probably had the Dixie Dean record in his mind which prob caused him to be more rushed than usual. Hopefully that shouldn't be at the forefront of his mind against madrid.
This was the last easy game left in our season. He may better forget about that record now.

'We know what to do to keep momentum going'​

FT: Man City 2-1 Leeds
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I am glad, especially about scoring the first one, which can be vital in this kind of game. Leeds made it difficult for us, defended really well. But the way we approached the game from the start was really good. We created a lot of chances and the only negative was that we were not able to score a third."
On the penalty: "First he showed to Erling that he was quite mad about that and then also he had a go at me. It is what it is at the end. The moment Erling grabbed the ball, I was sure he was going to take it but he looked out for me. I checked with him a few times to make sure he was sure. He was certain to hand the ball to me. I was confident to score. I can't even remember if the keeper saved it or it was the post? We should have scored a third. This is sometimes how it is that they go on the counter and score. Things can change, momentum can shift. But we dealt quite well with it and deserved the three points."
On the title race: "Probably, the best warning is today. But we have an experienced team and have had these kind of run-ins in recent years. We know what to do to keep the momentum going and winning games. Nothing more but also nothing less."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.