Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Read quite a few newspaper reports and all said a ' deserved victory for Leeds'
Now I know I am slightly biased but did they really deserve it?
Did they play better than us?
Did they have lots of efforts on goal?
Did Cooper pull Stones shirt in the box?
Yes they defended well after rightly going down to 10 men but deserved to win?
Also brave should never be used when describing someone just playing football.
Agree. BBC said a defensive masterclass. Sorry but conceding 29 shots is not a defensive masterclass, Any other team with competent finishers would score 4-5.

Agree. BBC said a defensive masterclass. Sorry but conceding 29 shots is not a defensive masterclass, Any other team with competent finishers would score 4-5.
Which highlights the fact that it was down to the players and not the manager yesterday, he can’t put the ball in the net for them .

The game was maybe lost since the first 5 minutes, slow tempo etc
&
I don't know if it is a curse but since Guardiola it is a miracle to see City come from behind to win a game

for you maybe .
Pep got everything wrong he could get wrong yesterday . not for the first time .
Oh let’s give him the sack. He’s so useless isn’t he?
Is ole obtainable do you reckon?
Better still, are you up for it?

for you maybe .
Pep got everything wrong he could get wrong yesterday . not for the first time .
What exactly did he get wrong? The team
Conceding two goals from two shots or our forwards missing countless chances (Like they always do)??

BBC saying an inspired defensive display by Leeds but it was anything but conceding 29 shots. Any of team with those stats would put 4-5 past them.

We lost because we have the same failings we have had for years, we cannot put chances away with poor decision making in the final third. Our strikers can only score if they are literally on the goal line to tap in and i have never seen a team so wasteful in front of goal as us. We have the ball most of the game and make so many chances we often take a few and win but we have dropped points when we are in total control but miss all our chances.

Do we practice finishing in training? Our weakness is finishing shows with our penalties, you are never confident of us scoring one. I was watching the EFL highlights last night and some of the finishing was fantastic, how can our team of international players be so awful at shooting.

And name another team that concedes as many goals as us from the only shots on target by the opposition. Again its nothing new, been happening for years, 1 shot 1 goal etc
Against Boro under Pearce we lost 1-0 and they didn't even have a shot...!

Read quite a few newspaper reports and all said a ' deserved victory for Leeds'
Now I know I am slightly biased but did they really deserve it?
Did they play better than us?
Did they have lots of efforts on goal?
Did Cooper pull Stones shirt in the box?
Yes they defended well after rightly going down to 10 men but deserved to win?
Also brave should never be used when describing someone just playing football.
did they really deserve it? Yes. The team who takes their chances always deserves to win a football match, no matter how much possession or how many chances they have. They also had a man less for more than a half of a game away from home at the supposed best team in the land.

Did they play better than us? They certainly did what they set out to do better than what we set out to do, they also seemed to have more energy and determination to win the game. They displayed better finishing than us as well and that’s what football is all about, scoring goals and winning games. So I’d say, yes, they did play better than us. We dominated possession and chances but they knew that was going to happen and their whole gameplan was to deal with that and hope we missed chances, and we did. Our crossing was poor, while their defending was good. Our finishing was poor, their finishing was good.

Did they have lots of efforts on goal? No. But they took their chances when they came so it doesn’t matter if we had 50 shots, hit the bar, each post and had two cleared off the line; they took their chances, and we didn’t. That’s the epitome of poor football from us.

Did Cooper pull Stones shirt in the box? Yes. But would we have even scored the penalty?

Disappointing result yesterday, compounded by 3pts for the rags today but regardless of this, the selection was still completely justified imo. Pep has rotated all season with great success and the team that played yesterday had more than enough possession and created more than enough chances to win let alone grab a draw. I understand that many on here value the Premier League more than the Champions League but to the club and the players our biggest game of the season is on Wednesday and with the crazy schedule we have between now and the the end of the season rotation will be necessary for all the the remaining games. I’m still very confident we have enough quality in depth to regain the League title regardless of rotation. My biggest concern is the complete drop off in form of Sterling. I think to win a quad you need all your best players playing well and he’s clearly not which is concerning. We still need to extend his contract though as one poor season does not make him a poor player and he will get back to producing the kind of stats that has made the whole of Europe take note in the last few years under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.