Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Dallas has 7 league goals this season. Impressive for a defender cum midfielder. Could teach most of our squad about how to hit the target when you have a sight on goal. Two good finishes today.
BBC saying an inspired defensive display by Leeds but it was anything but conceding 29 shots. Any of team with those stats would put 4-5 past them.

We lost because we have the same failings we have had for years, we cannot put chances away with poor decision making in the final third. Our strikers can only score if they are literally on the goal line to tap in and i have never seen a team so wasteful in front of goal as us. We have the ball most of the game and make so many chances we often take a few and win but we have dropped points when we are in total control but miss all our chances.

Do we practice finishing in training? Our weakness is finishing shows with our penalties, you are never confident of us scoring one. I was watching the EFL highlights last night and some of the finishing was fantastic, how can our team of international players be so awful at shooting.

And name another team that concedes as many goals as us from the only shots on target by the opposition. Again its nothing new, been happening for years, 1 shot 1 goal etc
Would love to see the stats for attempts on goal, on target and scored. Then attempts on City’s goal, on target and conceded. I’m guessing it’s scary because in my head it already is.

Selection was fine, players and team were more than strong enough to win the game.

Leeds had two shots and scored two goals, sometimes in football these things just happen, it's the nature of the beast.

Only questionable decision for me is taking Ake off, and you could maybe say stones could of taken him down at the end, but whats more important 1pt or stones in the cup semi?

Two years ago we couldn't prioritize the champs league (A rotated team in the Spurs first leg), this year the team and pep have got us to a point where we can rotate the team in the league to prioritize the champs league. I guess we'll see on Wednesday if it pays off.

It was 100% the correct decision from pep, this team hasn't had a week off in god knows how long, rotation is needed, it's the whole reason we have a big squad STACKED full of talent.

We play Dortmund, Villa, Chelsea and Spurs our next 4 fixtures, win all of them and this game will be a distant memory.

And your pathetic flapping of us losing the next 3 games and the rags winning all 4 (which is what is required for them to catch us up) isn't hypothetical? Your reaction to the smallest of set backs is frankly embarrassing. Save the flapping for if it actually happens.
Think you are worried

Torres is our 2nd best striker.
Having watched him for Spain he does look like a more natural finisher than Raheem or Jesus but he doesn't work anything like as hard. That said I would like to seem play more centrally for a spell to see what happens. He seems lost out wide on the right flank.

Having watched him for Spain he does look like a more natural finisher than Raheem or Jesus but he doesn't work anything like as hard. That said I would like to seem play more centrally for a spell to see what happens. He seems lost out wide on the right flank.

Wait till Pep has the time to spend with him on one to one basis. Pretty sure you will see why we signed him

Early days in his City career under difficult circumstances.

Still think we have too much rotation ongoing.
Rest some players from time to time is ok.

To leave them out in one game:
KDB, Ruben, Gündo, Foden, Kyle, Rodri - made our team weaker in all three lines.

What exactly did he get wrong? The team
Conceding two goals from two shots or our forwards missing countless chances (Like they always do)??
are you being serious ?
if so.
his worse team selection since Monaco away.
rotate yes but 7 in the prem is ridiculous . include Mendy in that and you are asking for trouble . first thing it does is lift Leeds and their belief . he did their team talk for them. our first team would have mullered their 10 men. the changes he made were plain wrong . Mendy off Zinc moved there gundog in midfield would have been a start. the reason we struggled last year and Liverpool this is through playing midfielders at centre back . surely he'd learn from that.
besides all that some of the players stunk the place out . they should have been subbed regardless of fixture schedule, opponent or competition . i could go on.
if you are going to try your hair brain ideas at least have the guts to change if when it goes wrong.

Still think we have too much rotation ongoing.
Rest some players from time to time is ok.

To leave them out in one game:
KDB, Ruben, Gündo, Foden, Kyle, Rodri - made our team weaker in all three lines.
I see your point but they still had only two shots on target and they had 10 men. Freak result. This is not on pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.