Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Would love to see the stats for attempts on goal, on target and scored. Then attempts on City’s goal, on target and conceded. I’m guessing it’s scary because in my head it already is.

We are top for goals scored, shots on target and off target, clean sheets, shots conceded and goals conceded. Our stats are fine overall.

Digging deeper, We sit 4th in the table of goals scored from shots so nothing unusual about that particularly. (Leicester, Spurs and United above us) United are top of the accuracy with 58% of shots on target. We sit 5th which against isn’t as bad as most probably think.

We sit 8th in the table of goals conceded from shots faced at 10.3%. We could maybe improve this a bit. Sloppy goals like the Leeds first for example. (United out of top 4 above us)

When you look at the stats, Liverpool have the second most number of shots and the second least shots conceded. It’s their goals conceded from shots faced that has hit them this year as they sit 19th out of 20 in that.

One glaring area of underperformance is our cross accuracy where we sit next to bottom!

Not too bothered if you take me seriously or not. You’re just a fan as I am.

Zinchenko in acCity-team is not a natural there. Simple. And he didn’t play bad, but that’s looking at individuals. Peps team strongest assets are how the team play in total. And that my friend is exactly what wasn’t to be expected for the reasons I earlier stated.
And while you’re probably Pep in disguise, tell me what the 20 hour study of Leeds was all about when you come out with a starting 11 that was never gonna play fluently high tempo football. As in the main reason why we did play poorly. As a team.

LOL!

Sorry... Here's the thing, how did you feel when Ferna played as centre back? Was he great or adequate and filling in on a position that wasn't his 'for the team'? This is Zin's story for City.

By this assertion you would prefer Ferna to stay as CB. Is this the case?

To me, Zin plays the position for the team, not because he's brilliant there, although he's had one or two excellent games there.

As for your barb about Pep, it's been answered. He, clearly, thought about who was available to allow the core of the team, that he deems important, to rest.

IIRC, Pep has altered the team excessively earlier in the season to a win.

Why wouldn't he believe he could trust his team to deliver against Leeds?

difference is with a better 11 there would be no freak result .

Walker, Gundogan, David Silva, Rodri, Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez all played v Wolves at home last year.

18 shots to 2.
76% possession to 24%.

2-0 Wolves.

LOL!

Sorry... Here's the thing, how did you feel when Ferna played as centre back? Was he great or adequate and filling in on a position that wasn't his 'for the team'? This is Zin's story for City.

By this assertion you would prefer Ferna to stay as CB. Is this the case?

To me, Zin plays the position for the team, not because he's brilliant there, although he's had one or two excellent games there.

As for your barb about Pep, it's been answered. He, clearly, thought about who was available to allow the core of the team, that he deems important, to rest.

IIRC, Pep has altered the team excessively earlier in the season to a win.

Why wouldn't he believe he could trust his team to deliver against Leeds?
With the Fern example you miss the point. Again.

And explain why Pep needed to study 20hrs? I can’t looking at the starting line up. And tbh I think it’s simply a remark trying to impress Bielsa. It would be typical Pep and you would know if you’ve read the books about him.

And if I’m not wrong you don’t challenge Peps starting line up, but the tempo in which it was played. It was. Because of the line up. Simply my opinion as a fan trying to figure out why someone who stated Leeds was the worst team in between two CL-games and “studying” Leeds for 20hrs and asking a lot from his players to always take the next match seriously, played a starting line up with too many players out of form or without a reasonable amount of match fit minutes. And out of possession within these kinda players. To me that is not taking the game seriously. And it’s not about the result who by itself developed in a way nobody would have predicted. Because we could have won the game. Easily tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.