Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

A possible positive of this defeat is that it might make Pep think twice about not playing his better players vs Chelsea after the Dortmund game.
No it won't. He isn't making it up as he goes along. He rested those players so they would be fit for Dortmund and Chelsea, two much bigger games within 4 days both which could go 120 minutes.

No it won't. He isn't making it up as he goes along. He rested those players so they would be fit for Dortmund and Chelsea, two much bigger games within 4 days both which could go 120 minutes.

I think he’ll definitely make changes. But I do think it’ll make Pep make not as many changes as he might have done if we’d beaten Leeds.

It’s nothing to do with ‘making it up as he goes along’ either. It’s about making sure the player’s schedules are managed throughout the end of the season.

He’s done a great job of it so far this season despite the loss on Sunday with wins at Leicester and Fulham using a team many didn’t consider full strength. I do think we’ll need to go full strength or very close to it in order to beat Chelsea though.

Winning the Quadruple is almost impossible. There's a reason it's never been done before and even United's treble is well regarded. This is another level above it. A big level above it.

We have the opportunity to do something that won't be repeated for 50 years at least. It will cement our position as the greatest English club side without question.

It's not going to be easy. But we have a final against a struggling Spurs side, maybe a CL final (if we are lucky) against Real and probably an FA Cup final tie against Leicester. I'm not saying we will all these but other than Real they feel winnable

Pro is absolutely right to rotate. Leeds got lucky and if we played them 10 times we'd win 9.

United won't catch us. We will probably win the league by 5 points and they will get giddy bit if we win the quadruple it will be the greatest achievement in English football. It says a lot when a defeat is a BIG deal.

We have to trust Pep and in my mind we have a very, very real chance to do it.

I think he’ll definitely make changes. But I do think it’ll make Pep make not as many changes as he might have done if we’d beaten Leeds.

It’s nothing to do with ‘making it up as he goes along’ either. It’s about making sure the player’s schedules are managed throughout the end of the season.

He’s done a great job of it so far this season despite the loss on Sunday with wins at Leicester and Fulham using a team many didn’t consider full strength. I do think we’ll need to go full strength or very close to it in order to beat Chelsea though.
I'm not quite sure whether we're agreeing or disagreeing. What I'm saying is that Pep will have pretty much known his teams for Leeds, Dortmund and Chelsea last week, obviously barring injuries. The priorities are the latter two, both of which he will be putting out the strongest team available. It might not be an identical team but it will be close. Leeds was basically the others. So I agree with you that we will need to be strong to beat Chelsea and obviously Pep will as well. Not a cat in hell's chance that the likes of Mendy, Aguero will feature. The big guns will play both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.