Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

We haven’t won this one yet !
More or less. Thus why he is changing things.
I've never read such tripe as I have on this thread today. And the in game one. Too many know it alls, who in guessing don't manage anything but their own toilet roll.

As you were, Pep.

ederson 6 cancelo 5 stones 8 ake 7 mendy 4 dinho 6 zinchenko 7 bernardo 5 torres 6 jesus 6 sterling 4

Not a great watch, I was surprised Pep continued with Zin and Mendy for as long as he did on the left - absolutely 0 quality output on that side.

Stones played well, Zin was decent and Fern keeps playing like a man 10 years younger.

It was clear there was nothing come out from out wide and unfortunately our centre mids aren't the type to cut through defences so it was just a turgid watch all around. Happy with some getting a well earned rest but this match won't live long in the memory.

Away for a beer, enjoy your weekend blues.

I think people who post we lost today because of Pep being too arrogant might just be the most stupid of all stupid people.

I have to question my sanity reading this thread. The levels of overreaction and utter nonsense make it a waste of time trying to find sensible points.

Today wasn't good and typical of many of our losing performances: total domination, lots of shots and concede from the only two shots our opponent has.

What annoys me most is conceding so easily in added time: you have to make sure you don't lose at that stage and accept that a win is a bonus if you can work another opening.

I bet you wanted Gundo, Stones and Cancelo out last summer
Hey if you want to stick up for sterling crack on fella and the only one I thought should have been sold was stones who was shocking then aswell . Stones has been standout all season and I’m glad I got it wrong

Lescott and Ferdinand have just made the point that Torres looks a lot like Sergio when he plays as a striker. Maybe that’s where he should be rather than being stuck out on the wing where he’s not really having any impact.
he is never a wide player, up front he looks quality on the flanks poor, very poor, as said a big downgrade on Leroy

Ultimately we have this large points lead so that we can afford to make changes in games like today knowing we have a bigger CL game in a few days.

When the league was so close in 2019 we couldn’t afford to rest players since we needed to win every game and Pep ended up leaving De Bruyne out of the 1st leg against Spurs instead which then played a part in us getting eliminated.

Last season we had no chance of winning the league after the restart but reached an FA Cup semi final.

We had plenty rest also for the Lyon game and still ended up going out.

Rotation is certainly welcome but not to the extent where you take it for granted that your rested players win you games as a matter of course.

The scoreline will tell you why its ridiculous, we got beat off a 10 men Leeds. Imagine if they didn't have 10 it would of been embarrassing mate.

We have a big squad yes doesn't mean you can go and make that many changes and expect them all to play well together. Especially when that team includes, Torres, Ake, Mendy. Fucking Nathan Ake looked heavier than purple ake today.

Let's just hope we go through against Dortmund otherwise we might end up with egg on our faces after that shit show.
It's the downside of going for every competition we are in. At some point Pep has to pick a game with the fixture congestion to rest KDB, Dias, Mahrez, Walker and co for what lies ahead.

By rights he could make 10 changes and there is enough quality in the squad to beat anyone, they all train under Pep so they know what is expected of them. Pep can't plan for Sterling imitating a statue, Jesus offering nothing up front, Mendy being well Mendy and countless others.

Little harsh expecting Zinc to be KDB.

Thought he had a decent enough game, and is generally a 7 out of 10 whenever he plays. Valuable part of the squad - those around him need to be taking a look at themselves, apart from John Stones and Fernandinho
Zin was one of our better performers today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.