Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

In 2012 ( Aguero's first season) , the gap was 8 points with 6 games to play

now we have the same opposite situation in ( Aguero's last seasob )

karma on the way

Whilst I get the temptation to wum off the back of the similarity in numbers, the critical difference back then was we got to play United in the final six games, so had a six pointer as our secret weapon.

When you take that out the equation, the two situations are completely different.

Also - unlike last time, they as the chasing team don’t have goal difference on their side like we did back in 2012. Which makes it much more like 9 points instead of 8.

Us fucking it up from here would take an even more extraordinary set of circumstances than the Rags in 2012.

Good effort though!

I repeat: “...players are tired and probably more frustrated than we are, so right after the game...”

I’m going to assume they were ALL tired after the game, esp the players who don’t play 90 mins too often,

I think at the end they let their frustration get the better of them, they need to stay composed, focused and patient but they got a bit wild and gave the ball away too much and lost some concentration defensively. Possibly there was also some tiredness because they certainly put a shift in and it has been a long season for a lot of our players.

League is now looking a little less straightforward. Awful display.

Moving Fern to Cb was a disaster.

Well done

I think he is, but we are at the business end, players are tired and probably more frustrated than we are, so right after the game isn’t the time to call them naive, or stupid, or lacking nous, or any of the many other phrases I’m sure will be used behind closed doors out of their earshot.

If one hood thing came out of this defeat, it magnified a few things:

Who isn’t good enough for this team & where our Achilles heel remains.

Sterling, Mendy, Aguero and Fernandinho should not be here next season. That leaves close to €1M/week in wages available for suitable replacements, not to mention the fees we have yet to book from last season, plus the €60-70M for the two under contract!

Hopefully, Txiki has his best man on it?!
Why, Dino had a good game until Pep had flashback and played him at at centre half ( in the back four )

Do not even watch that game Spurs & united tomorrow. It'll only give you grief. Expect no favours. That crowd will win their games in hand in my view. Pep didnt apply the saying " a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" . What we have we keep no matter what game is ahead . We now have a tricky league game against Villa. Priorities.
Those who said it was done need to have some humility now. Just try and
enjoy your weekend blues. Theres nothing else for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.