Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

SWP and Spanish Dave were kicked from pillar to post in many games and received almost no protection from the officials. Jack gets more kickings and even less protection.
I remember one of the derbies where the rags actually worked in SWP in rotation - each time one of them got booked another one marked him - my vague memory seems to think it was about 4 of the fuckers.

(It was probably one...)

Average performance overall but a decent result

we looked far too casual in the second half for my liking especially after conceding the first. The game management is sometimes lacking and playing the situation in frontof you just isn’t there

we take too many risks at the back when not needed , surely a more conservative approach to see put the game would work

this bit us on the arse against Real Madrid last season and I could see the same unfolding last night.

Play the percentage ball down the channel rather than looking for a risky square ball into midfield

basics of football as a great man once said
I think that applies to every team throughout history when the games being one so easily ............ I bet you go back through history and the majority of great sides will step of the gas once the games won ..........

When you watch the game back, watch Mahrez in the first half; he laid plenty on a plate for Grealish and Haaland and they both let him down with unacceptable finishing.

Mahrez did fade in the second half but he was very good first half.
I made a post about this last night. I found it odd that neither Mahrez or Grealish made concerted attacks from the wings. As soon as either received the ball, more often than not they passed back or sideways.

Jack revealed at the end of last season that he's has to curb his natural instinct to take on defenders & prioritise keeping possession instead. Far be it from me to advise Guardiola, but I think we need to introduce a bit of unpredictable maverick jeopardy from the wings.

I've never viewed Jack as a traditional winger. He's more of a left midfielder. We need dedicated wing wizardry on both sides, as this season it seems Mahrez's powers are waning & he'll be 32 next birthday too & he's the only dedicated winger we've got.

Agreed, our finishing was profligate last night & we must do better, but I must disagree that Mahrez was very good in either half.

We're in desperate need for a new overlapping left footed left back, a quick traditional winger or two. We just don't seem to have that Sterling/Sane option to switch our style of attack any longer.

We already know Gundog may leave in the summer & KDB will be 32 by then too, & we're STILL surrounded by Bernardo uncertainty... AGAIN! We've potentially got a very big midfield/winger rebuilding job ahead of us.

Last edited:
You should have seen the match thread!
I didn't go last night, watched on Prime. I must admit if we'd had a cat it would have feared a kicking with Jack's first half misses. However to show the lads resolve he made up for it second half. I dont read or post on the match thread. I prefer to see how the game spans out rather than react half way through.

Overall a good performance and the main thing is, we got 3 points. Thought the defence tired a little towards the end and got a little bit sloppy but other than that, I am a very happy Blue. I think that some on here forget that the Premier League is certainly one of the best in the World. Ok, Leeds may not be the best of teams this year, but there are no easy games. As we have already seen, teams like Brentford and Leeds have already taken points when not expected!
Young Lewis and KDB were magnificent and let’s be honest Erling should have scored another hat trick, not that I am complaining he only got 2
Our support from the travelling Blues was fantastic last night and I just hope that we can all create a good atmosphere for the team on Saturday.

That’s the thing, if you go on the match thread, a lot of us seem to get impatient expecting us to be blowing teams away in the opening minutes of games.

It doesn’t really work like that in top flight football most of the time. We should remember there’s 11 men facing us who are players that have made it to this level for a reason. You can’t always just sweep teams aside from the first minute of the game without resistance.

Any of us would’ve taken a 3-1 win at the start of the game. should we have scored more? Yeah but every team thinks that about missed chances. Go on any teams forum after a win and you’ll see them say “we could have had 4 or 5”

If somebody can get a video of us beating that press, it'd be much appreciated. I posted it earlier but it's been struck by copyright on Twitter so can't see it anymore.

Average performance overall but a decent result

we looked far too casual in the second half for my liking especially after conceding the first. The game management is sometimes lacking and playing the situation in frontof you just isn’t there

we take too many risks at the back when not needed , surely a more conservative approach to see put the game would work

this bit us on the arse against Real Madrid last season and I could see the same unfolding last night.

Play the percentage ball down the channel rather than looking for a risky square ball into midfield

basics of football as a great man once said
What a load of shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.