Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

My take on it
We cruised that game even when Leeds got on back they didn't put us under any pressure. If fact it was the ref who put the pressure on us with his shit performance

Leeds plays hard and tough. I definitely see them wilting as the year goes on. Tough to play like your hair is on fire for a entire season. We were obviously the better squad.

Also glad they beat Liverpool at anfield........have to give them a little bit of respect for that.

Whilst I agree completely that we were all very happy about Grealish getting to and winning the ball and his two assists. His first half performance was atrocious, his finishing was abysmal and he deserved the criticism. It’s beyond belief that his finishing can be so poor, over and over again. He’s just so wasteful which is so frustrating and costly, his missed chances can easily lose us points and were one of the main reasons we went out in last years Semi vs Madrid. As a forward myself I honestly can’t understand how he can be so bad, he should be doing an extra hour or two every training session to work on his composure and finishing.
I agree with everything you are saying, but for me it's simple. Grealish is not a natural goal scorer. Never has been and never will be. That does not excuse the dreadful lack of execution when he does get a look, but he's a facilitator, a playmaker who is best playing more centrally behind a striker. The odd goal would come organically as opposed to it being a primary function like now. His playing in a different role doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon so here we are.

ref was fucking awful, when he gave leeds a free kick just as cancelo went to go clean through was downright fuckin cheating, he let leeds get away with kicking our players for an hour then once he decided to get his book out it was far too late and he'd lost control by then and couldn't stop issuing cards
Watched the Cancelo free kick again. Haaland pulled the defender's arm as he went to tackle Cancelo.

I agree with everything you are saying, but for me it's simple. Grealish is not a natural goal scorer. Never has been and never will be. That does not excuse the dreadful lack of execution when he does get a look, but he's a facilitator, a playmaker who is best playing more centrally behind a striker. The odd goal would come organically as opposed to it being a primary function like now. His playing in a different role doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon so here we are.

The word centrally being the most important word in your post mate.

He’s 10x the player when central. I reckon he’ll end up there next season when Bernie and Gundog are no longer options.

ref was fucking awful, when he gave leeds a free kick just as cancelo went to go clean through was downright fuckin cheating, he let leeds get away with kicking our players for an hour then once he decided to get his book out it was far too late and he'd lost control by then and couldn't stop issuing cards
Our players must be used to it, pretty much every week. As Pep said and was ridiculed for , we win In spite of officials, whereas other teams win because of officials

The word centrally being the most important word in your post mate.

He’s 10x the player when central. I reckon he’ll end up there next season when Bernie and Gundog are no longer options.
i think bernie will stay and maybe gundo too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.