Leeds United (H) - Sat 6th May, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you all now that Allardice knows exactly what he is doing. I know for a fact that he told the top brass at Leeds exactly what he was going to do and what he was going to say - to grab the headlines for himself and take the pressure right off everyone else.

He's trolling everyone and everyone's falling for it. Fair play to him. He's gone up in my estimation to be honest.
Damned with faint praise?
I suspect that, previously, he couldn't have been much lower in your estimation
;-)

A bit concerning that Pep has said he saw tired players even in training yesterday. We have Madrid after this and if they sense tiredness they will look to end the tie at the Bernabeu. With another game before then, the tiredness is only going to be worse. Perhaps wholesale changes tomorrow, and one of those disjointed performances where we just hope we have enough. A calculated gamble.
Not sure what he expected the day after a match at this stage of a long hard slog of a season. He will try to rest two or three but I think wholesale changes are unlikely. We have now a rule which allows for five outfield substitutions. If these are used in a planned strategic manner, something we normally don't do, this can help offset tiredness. Come the end of the second leg Wednesday week I expect 3 or 4 of our lads will need to be carried off, they will be so fucked. But hopefully they will all be celebrating and won't give a shit.

A bit concerning that Pep has said he saw tired players even in training yesterday. We have Madrid after this and if they sense tiredness they will look to end the tie at the Bernabeu. With another game before then, the tiredness is only going to be worse. Perhaps wholesale changes tomorrow, and one of those disjointed performances where we just hope we have enough. A calculated gamble.

Think we can win convincingly even if Pep makes 5 changes and puts Dias, Stones, Rodri, Grealish and Haaland on the bench.

A midfield of Gundogan, Bernie and KDB and an attack of Mahrez, Alvarez and Foden are top quality.

There are two questions for me: who starts at RB and will Haaland start? If we want to rest all of Walker, Stones and Dias, then defence will be Akanji, Laporte and Ake plus Gomez/Lewis. If Haaland starts, then team may be Gundo + Bernie/KDB, Mahrez and Foden on the wings and Alvarez behind Haaland.

Edit: despite the talk of Vin. Jr and the need for Walker, Pep may use the same defence in Madrid as vs Bayern. If true, Walker will start vs Leeds, Ake and Akanji may be subbed off if we are winning.

Last edited:
Think we absolutely need wholesale changes tomorrow.

Ederson
Lewis Akanji Dias Laporte
Phillips Gundogan
Mahrez KDB Foden
Haaland

Leeds aren't going to come and play football, they'll operate with a low block and play long balls.

God no. You only have to look at what happened against Leicester to see what happens with ‘wholesale’ changes.

I'm with you buddy,this game is a fucking massive pain in the arse......and while im confident,those predicting a stroll in the park are way off.

Glad its at home.
I know we had our little run in the other day mate, but I don't bear grudges and hopefully you also.

Back to the footy... I have to say I think we will batter Leeds. I just have a sneaky feeling it's all going to click and they'll get a right spanking. I don't think Allardyce will have been able to change anything in this short time period.

We will soon see and of course I pray I am right.

Isn't it funny how even the easiest of fixtures on paper, becomes a concern when there's so much at stake? I was confident as could be yesterday... now though, I have the fear of dropping points...

Glad that Pep and the players have proven they have nerves of steel, unlike my shite bag self.
I'm like you, I'm starting to feel a bit twitchy myself now

God no. You only have to look at what happened against Leicester to see what happens with ‘wholesale’ changes.

Completely different context.

It's one thing to sub in Gomez, Phillips and Palmer when we are winning 3:0, it's another thing to replace Dias, Stones, Rodri, Grealish and Haaland with top players like Akanji, Laporte, Gundogan, Foden and Alvarez from the start.

Pep is in a tough spot with Rodri for sure. I thought he look tired against West Ham, and I don't blame him as he is forced to play almost every game. I'm thinking we will have to roll the dice and rest him against Leeds. This is where Pep really earns his money.
I'd rest him. Gundogan is more than capable of doing it v Leeds. He had last game off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.