Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not panicking, merely discussing somebody who caught the eye today against a potent attack.

Referring back to the interest we had previously.

Personally, if we can't get top shelf, we should keep our powder dry.

Remember seeing him a few times, from what I remember he was decent on the ball and pretty quick. I know there's there more to the role than that, but it gives him a chance.

All this headache instead of just splashing the cash on one of the worlds most promising 24-year old leftbacks. We got 35 for Zinchenko but consider it too much adding 20-25 for someone ten times better? Don’t understand the reasoning.

As someone said: top shelf or nothing. Top shelf is now gone. Hopefully Cancelo and Walker stays fit all winter because that’s the reality we’re dealing with.

All this headache instead of just splashing the cash on one of the worlds most promising 24-year old leftbacks. We got 35 for Zinchenko but consider it too much adding 20-25 for someone ten times better? Don’t understand the reasoning.

As someone said: top shelf or nothing. Top shelf is now gone. Hopefully Cancelo and Walker stays fit all winter because that’s the reality we’re dealing with.

There wasn’t a single person on this forum that considered Cucurella “top shelf” before our interest was reported, and given their financial valuation, clearly the club didn’t either.

There wasn’t a single person on this forum that considered Cucurella “top shelf” before our interest was reported, and given their financial valuation, clearly the club didn’t either.

I don’t really need another person telling me if a player is top shelf or not, I’m perfectly capable of seeing it with my own eyes. Cucurella is a great fullback and I still think we made a mistake not getting him. I know City are working hard not paying premium for players even if we can. But this could have solved pretty much our entire defensive line for many years, with no need to buy anyone for years unless someone leaves.

I can see us buying another Angelino, only to realize we’re wasting time, again, thinking ”damn he’s not very good defending”. Sometimes you just need to get the top shelf.

I don’t really need another person telling me if a player is top shelf or not, I’m perfectly capable of seeing it with my own eyes. Cucurella is a great fullback and I still think we made a mistake not getting him. I know City are working hard not paying premium for players even if we can. But this could have solved pretty much our entire defensive line for many years, with no need to buy anyone for years unless someone leaves.

I can see us buying another Angelino, only to realize we’re wasting time, again, thinking ”damn he’s not very good defending”. Sometimes you just need to get the top shelf.
Well, let's see how he does at Chelsea:)

Cancelo has been the best left back in the league for 18 months, I don't get where this narrative has come from.

Has he gone from one of our key players to Walker back up playing no games over the summer?
Cancelo was brilliant last season til last couple of months. Then he was pretty poor. He looks like a player to me that can't do 40/50 plus games. Which means we need someone else that can do at least 20-30, especially with Kyle Walker not getting any younger either.

Not panicking, merely discussing somebody who caught the eye today against a potent attack.

Referring back to the interest we had previously.

Personally, if we can't get top shelf, we should keep our powder dry.
If we wanted him tolm I think we'd have gone for him before now. We can't be going for players after 1 good performance. I'm pretty certain we won't be going for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.