Legal advice please!

Right guys and gals,

I’m looking for urgent legal advice if anyone has had experience of my issue or can help? @Chris in London @gordondaviesmoustache as well please chaps.

I’ve just found out in the last few weeks that my wife has been taking money out of my family business account without our knowledge or permission. She does our bank transfers for our business to suppliers, VAT department etc but has been taking money out every week and booking it against my dividend but without me agreeing to it or even knowing about it? It was an of the cuff comment from our business accountant about the lifestyle and money the company gives me that would be hard to get if we sold the business, stating it gives me £10,000 a month money/wages? I was completely shocked by this and have looked into this now and it seems she has been doing it for over 12 years and the total is £1.3m!!!! I also sign an agreement with my mother who is the other shareholder that we don’t take a dividend when the yearly accounts are done yet it would appear that if it came to the crunch that I have been lying and taking it when I haven’t and had no idea about it happening. To make matters worse, to help the wife’s mum out I employed her to the accounts department and then have been pretty much kept out of seeing the accounts, bank account etc as I kept being told all was fine etc and to concentrate on what I do best which was the buying and selling. Since I found out, my attitude and feelings to my wife have been rather frosty to say the least as to be honest I was heartbroken that this had happened as I always planned to leave our children hopefully I’m a good position and a house for my Down syndrome daughter as I never want her in a home or center. Because I became distant, my mother in law has now resigned which has made my wife kick off at me and now is talking about divorce and my mother know wants to take legal advice about the money she has taken without permission. Anyone help? (Sorry for the long post as well ;-) )
I personally would report her to the police and take court proceedings for grand theft. Irrespective that she is your wife, she is still an employee of the company and committed theft on a huge scale, fraud. Just to add this is not City replying but his wife

If you have proof via your accountant she has done this why have you backed away from the conversation with her because she ", won't react kindly" to the accusations?, she's taken over £1m off you and spent it fuck knows where. Also must be a very cash rich business for that to have to operational impact on cash flows.

That’s a hell of a long time not to notice that funneling out. Did you never look at the accounts every year before you signed them off?

At a guess, from what youve said, the accounts have been done correctly (in eyes of HMRC) in that it shows a 10k monthly dividend. If thats the case theres at least no tax issue to worry about hopefully. However - if she's taking 10k a month, where's it gone? As in paid to who and where? Cant be via your bank account i assume as surely youd have seen that which creates a legal issue...for your wife. Clearly need to Lawyer up here. Sadly id say its obv divorce (but thats upto you obv) and i warn you that she would face jail if proven guilty (which wouldn't be hard to prove if the info you say is correct). Your accountant really should be able to assist a bit more on this also tbh, it’s slightly ridiculous he hasnt mentioned this sooner.
It all doesn’t add up. If his Accountant was also doing his Tax Returns he would have had large personal tax bills on that level of dividends. His Accountant would also be giving him a copy of the income tax calculation showing his income for the year So why didn’t the guy question why was he having large personal tax bills on his dividend income each year

It all doesn’t add up. If his Accountant was also doing his Tax Returns he would have had large personal tax bills on that level of dividends. His Accountant would also be giving him a copy of the income tax calculation showing his income for the year So why didn’t the guy question why was he having large personal tax bills on his dividend income each year
Yep he would have breached his threshold in no time and would have a big bill every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.