Leicester away tickets

If they were still issuing points it’s a great opportunity for them down the line to try and catch up

Comm Shield -40
Spuds -40
Leicester -40

Let’s not go there shall we ;)
The problem is that if we do issue points, people will buy them for those, rather than to attend the games.

So yes, let's not go there.

The problem is that if we do issue points, people will buy them for those, rather than to attend the games.

So yes, let's not go there.
It's helped my relationship no end. I no longer have the pressure to attend as many away games as possible to ensure I can keep towards the top of the points pyramid.

Now I know I'll still get tickets for Old Trafford and Anfield and can pick and choose the aways I want to go to because my points level isn't moving.

Obviously Covid appears to have had an impact on the speed of sales for these early away games - I'm sure some regular away match goers who would normally attend a fixture like this can't make it for one reason or another. The good thing as PB said is that it does give a chance to some of those who wouldn't expect to get one. I've got 2 or 3 mates who wouldn't normally get near a ticket on their own points who are coming to this. It'll be great to attend an away game without flying solo for once - not that you're ever alone watching City of course - and the fact that it's a 3pm Saturday kick-off is an added bonus.

Anyway, just the 12 tickets left now

It's helped my relationship no end. I no longer have the pressure to attend as many away games as possible to ensure I can keep towards the top of the points pyramid.

Now I know I'll still get tickets for Old Trafford and Anfield and can pick and choose the aways I want to go to because my points level isn't moving.
Exactly, if anything the decision to offer no points for away matches has almost made it impossible for anybody to catch up. I've got decent points and if I decide to go to no away games (which I wont) nobody's catching me. Next season when all the deferrals are back and people are more confident going out, games will be selling out earlier and tickets will be going to high pointers.
The notion that high pointers buy all the tickets and not bothering going to the game is pie in the sky.

Exactly, if anything the decision to offer no points for away matches has almost made it impossible for anybody to catch up. I've got decent points and if I decide to go to no away games (which I wont) nobody's catching me. Next season when all the deferrals are back and people are more confident going out, games will be selling out earlier and tickets will be going to high pointers.
The notion that high pointers buy all the tickets and not bothering going to the game is pie in the sky.
Correct my friend. But we've been beating that drum since this happened! Points whoring just wasn't that big a deal!

When demand is low demand from supporters clubs has always been low too.

Obviously they don't need their allocation anymore and other fans are stepping up to sell out Spurs and this game.
Not really Corky. Newcastle away has been very slow to sell out in recent years and we’ve taken loads from our Branch. As you have pointed out in the past, plenty of games have gone to low points each season.

Last edited:
Correct my friend. But we've been beating that drum since this happened! Points whoring just wasn't that big a deal!
The club seemed to think it was. And the evidence from here and other social media sources confirmed that it was. There were hundreds of tickets changing hands. The whole points system is ridiculous and needs to be brought into line with what other clubs do, which is limit the time frame in which the points you earn count.

I'd rather people got rewarded for attending home games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.