Leicester City (A) | Post Match Thread

Gundo another shocking performance, could say the same for Bernardo.
Gundogan was tasked with running into the box from the left channel where there was no space and where there was poor supply. Bernardo was tasked with holding the right and having no overlapping support from his fullback. It was all designed to get Leicester shifted to our right and then to free the outlet ball to Grealish/Cancelo. Gundogan and Bernardo didn’t play badly, they just did what they had been tasked to do.

Massive win! hard fought but good to see us grind it out. Back on top where we belong..... you'd have to like our chances of being in #1 going into the world cup now! Go on the boys so happy after that - brilliant start to the weekend!

BT Sport's obsession with what did Pep say to an opposing player/ Manager after the match continues.

Here's a thought, why doesn't the media pick his brains in the pre-match conferences instead of driving political agenda's unrelated to an upcoming match or fishing for compliments for the rags / dippers.

Alvarez is miles off it at the moment. This was never a transfer that was meant to pay dividends early and well.. that’s showing. Keep giving him the time please Josep but expectations need to be adjusted. I’d like to see him on the wings, he may be the direct threat we need.
What do you mean by this? He arrived to us as a South American player of the season and in my view, better at everything than Jesus when he had arrived. The problem is he fell aside by the whole 'Haaland thing' and I am not sure Pep knows exactly what to do with him now. Almost a repeat of Kun - Edin saga and we might see his early departure at some point.

Good win. Average performance.
If you mean our average I think you're right we weren't outstanding but neither were we at all bad. We were playing an early kick off after a midweek champions league away match.
We were playing against a team with a recent excellent defensive record, we were without our top striker around who we have been developing our tactics and playing style all season. We were not outstanding but created a number of chances their 'keeper had to be sharp.
I think we were around or slightly below our average which is way above most teams in this league. It was a bit tight at the end but in the circumstances a creditable performance and a very good result.

It’s funny how people just expect us to steam roll every team we face?! Surely for 70 minutes Leicester were THE most defensive team we have come up against in the Pep era?
Southampton would run them close, albeit they have defended thus in Manchester not so much at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.