Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

One of the key problems for me is we have too many fragile confidence players in our squad. By that I mean if someone makes a mistake it seems to really effect their performance for the following few minutes. And if they make another mistake in that time it just rolls on and on. Mendy is the prime example of that. He can do ok and even show some decent signs but watch what happens when he makes a mistake, he will inevitably make another one shortly afterwards. I think this still comes back to not replacing Vinny with another leader, someone who will gather everyone together when things aren't going well. Someone who knows the rest of the players inside and out and who knows which players need a bollocking and which respond better to the gentle word.

We didn't meet their demands and that will do me and didn't get rinsed on the fee.
Worked well when we did the same thing with VVD. Sometimes if you need a player, you just pay the fee. That is as long as the opposing club don't royally take the piss and move the goalposts, something that ADL has done many times before because he's a ****. I think it's more like that's what's happened here again.

One of the key problems for me is we have too many fragile confidence players in our squad. By that I mean if someone makes a mistake it seems to really effect their performance for the following few minutes. And if they make another mistake in that time it just rolls on and on. Mendy is the prime example of that. He can do ok and even show some decent signs but watch what happens when he makes a mistake, he will inevitably make another one shortly afterwards. I think this still comes back to not replacing Vinny with another leader, someone who will gather everyone together when things aren't going well. Someone who knows the rest of the players inside and out and who knows which players need a bollocking and which respond better to the gentle word.

yes this is when panic sets in, and mentally they are not strong enough to overcome it. Mentally strong was made fun of in Wenger era he said every game his team need to be mentally strong and react differently on the field when things go bad.

But many of our players start panic this panic is often noticed by opponents and they build on it. They must be fucking tired also of opponents doing 3 attacks and scoring 3 goals. That makes them shit scared to play and know if we concede 1 chance thats about 1 goal for opponents. It keeps happening, becomes a habit.
9 PL losses, Arsenal loss in FA, Lyon loss in CL.
This season we have Leicester loss already and the panic played a big role in all of these losses.

We had huge comebacks in recent years , 2-0 down and turn into 3-2 wins, late wins, late comebacks.

now if we go 1-0 down, 2-0 down is never too far away and we aint turning it around...

I've given myself approx 24 hrs so I can be subjective about yesterday's shit show.
Nobody can hold their heads up after that. Poor all round and dint deserve anything but fuck me it's not 5 a side and it's not none contact sport.
Penalties - 1st one no doubt, caught wrong side and grabs him, just let the keeper try and make a save ffs. 2nd one Garcia didn't even play at the ball, Vardy threw his foot at him, initiated the contact and went over, VAR should have told Oliver to check that. 3rd one, poor defensive play but no meaningful contact and a deliberate dive, Maddison, who'd have thought.
The none penalties annoyed me but not as much at how we had no cohones, conceded nearly every attempt at goal and created next to fuck all. By fuck did we miss Jesus' press up front.
I'd like to think it's a one off and we'll treat it as a kick up the are but we've shown time and again we have a soft underbelly and 5-4-1 for an hour fucks us right up as we hardly ever turn posession into goals. Yes we're carrying injuries to key players and have had no preseason but the signs are ominous. No win against Leeds and the Arse (who will do exactly what Leicester did) and I suspect you can kiss the league goodbye as we'll be probably 10 points behind. I laughed last week after Wolves listening to Johnny fucking Giles on OTB say we were poor and could see us outside the top 4. I'm not laughing today.

Thiago Silva - .... he is/was the missing piece. Its crazy how we didn't go in for him.

The Messi saga took its toll. I for one was adamant we focus on other signings and not focus too much on Messi

Midfielders needed and big time.

Missed out on Fabinho, Thiago, Fred, Ndombele - these guys are natural replacements for Fernandino.

Right now we have fk all ... Fernandino is 35. He wont all season. And we edging towards going into season with the midfielders we have at our disposal. We wont win shit..there I said it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.