Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Game won in first half hour and key players well rested before second leg. Munich on the other hand struggled to a draw and could barely rest anyone. All about getting the points at this stage of the season and avoiding injuries so job done. On the downside what the fuck are we doing giving barely literate kids air time at half time. Pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Exactly. Look at the decisions if you're the manager. 3-0 up and Bayern coming up. So take key players off. League could come down to goal difference so keep key players on. Keep key players on you risk injuries to them, jeopardising Bayern and Arsenal games. Take key players off, subs don't deliver, jeopardise league title. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Thise who criticise should think about what they would do with this conundrum.
He isn’t damned if he does cause he won the game 3-1. If he’d left them on and de bruyne or Haaland has picked up injuries for 3/4 weeks we’d of all be so pissed off and fuming. Pep did exactly the right thing. Rested Ake and Gundo, won the game easily in the first half and then made 5 subs resting key players.

In retrospect, treating the 2nd half like a testimonial was probably a mistake, but one we got away with. A couple of players who probably want to play more games showed why they're not getting them.

Up to all the changes, wonderful performance with two really good goals that I'm looking forward to watching later. At this stage, only 3 points matters but I do hope we don't regret not improving our goal difference when Arsenal have Southampton at home next week!

Three points, job done.

Shit second half but we’d won it so better not risking injuries to key players.

Just home from the game. Jeez, that was frustrating 3-0 up at half time and cruising and everyone in the ground was thinking 5, 6 or 7 - 0

i completely understand why Pep took the players collective feet off the accelerator. The game was won and there was no need to take too many risks. However we were absolutely shocking in the second half. We barely made a forward pass so there was no attack. Our midfield disappeared and the defenders played like strangers.

I don’t like to pick on any one in particular but Philips just doesn’t appear to have the quality to play in this team.

Having said all that we are now three points closer to Arsenal who must be s……g themselves.

Understand why Pep made the changes he made and it's a good result in the end. Nice to be able to rest some of the big names too. But man alive that second half was an absolute slog to sit through and I felt sorry for the poor sods in the stadium. Well done to the fans singing and trying to inject some life into the situation cause that really was dull.

One thing I did think about during that dreadful second half was this: tonight was a prime example of why we bought Haaland. This was exactly the kind of game where, last season, we might have only been 1-0 up at HT and wouldn't have had the luxury of being able to make those subs. We might have even dropped points or at least had to keep Kev and others on for much longer. Instead, the big man got us the three points early doors and let us rest ahead of a major CL tie. And that's exactly what we needed today. So well done Erl (and Stonesy).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.