Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Of the champions league quarter finalists to play so far today, we're the only ones to win.
Bayern 1-1 Hoffenheim
Bologna 1-1 AC Milan
Napoli 0-0 Verona
Chelsea 1-2 Brighton
City 3-1 Leicester
Chaves 0-1 Benfica
For those interested, Inter just went down 0-1 to Monza.

Real are currently drawing 0-0 away to Cadiz (65th minute).

And people are complaining about our result today.

Last edited:
Fuckin brilliant today.

I felt a bit nervy and something was in the air for an upset, all banished after 20 minutes and put to bed by half time.

Key players rested, no injuries and a game we controlled for most apart from a few moments towards the end.

This in the middle of a CL qrtr final tie against Bayern and 4 days after Tuesdays heroics. All top managers speak of the difficulty in managing league games after European matches, yet we won 3-1.

Absolutely nothing to moan about after today, Arse will be pissed off to say the least!

Pep took a gamble with the changes second half and it thankfully paid off. I’m not sure he'll be able to take the same sort of risks further down the line if we are to win a treble (would that second half team beat Sheff U next week?!). We’re still looking fantastic when everyone is in there though, so I’m still very positive after today.

Our squad depth is one of the biggest myths in football right now. Shambolic second half..

This team for all they've won shows their soft underbelly far too often.

Anyone thinking that Bayern tie is done and dusted is fooling themselves.
I think that is a bit of an overreaction. The match was done and dusted in the minds of the players and Pep and they moved into energy conservations mode.
We have the goal difference advantage now. if they were guilty of anything was overdoing the energy conservation such that when they scored they found it difficult to wind back up.
It was a bit nervy at the end but how many other opportunities will City have to wind the engine down in a match between now and the end of the season? This was the time to use all the subs. If necessary, play the first team for 90 on Wednesday. (I expect us to score over there and probably win, anyway).

First 30 minutes was perfect. A literal dream scenario panned out almost word for word how I would have hoped. After that we got far too sloppy.

No issue with a natural drop in intensity and I think peps subs were spot on but the players that came on should have been hungrier to impress and those that stayed on should have been at a higher tempo.

Being 3 up after 25 minutes and then finishing the game with just 2 on the g/d isn't good enough, we have to expect to need to win every game to win the league and expect arsenal to win every game except ours which means goal difference wins the league, missed opportunity in that regard and you can bet arsenal will fill their boots with 1 game a week.

Did what we had to, and left us in a very good shape For bayern so can't be too critical. Now let's book our place in the semis and final of the two cups before demolishing arsenal.

I think the ideas right ie play your best team to get goals at the start rather than having to bring them on to score.

However, it would help if the subs had some idea of how to maintain a 3 0 lead.
Surely a defence is needed rather than assuming any PL ream cannot come bavk from a 3 0 deficit.

Pep took a gamble with the changes second half and it thankfully paid off. I’m not sure he'll be able to take the same sort of risks further down the line if we are to win a treble (would that second half team beat Sheff U next week?!). We’re still looking fantastic when everyone is in there though, so I’m still very positive after today.
Further down the line it won't matter so much, April is crucial with a shit load of games to get through.

Managing resources to see us through

Has Walker been shagging Mahrez’ bird or something!
I can’t believe a player of Mahrez’ quality would not see a team mate in so much space and ignore him for no reason

I think the second half along with the performance in the Carabaou at Southampton puts to bed the myth that we have a really big squad full of world class players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.