Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Yep we haven't the squad of 20 top class players, an absolute myth. Outside our first 11 tonight we have Foden, Gundogan, Alvarez who you could class as quality, so 14 really top class players, the rest are bang average, fact!
Aymeric Laporte wants a chat!

And, Pep has always operated with a 16 man squad. Whether you’re in it or not is based on taking your opportunities when they present themselves and showing the passing and control in training needed to gain his trust.

Outside that core squad are the also rans. Currently, as Pep has said yet again this season, during the business end of the season, it is his preferred XI that will start every game.

With Foden injured,the ONLY question is whether he finds a place for Bernardo in midfield vs Gundo, with Mahrez on the wing, or Gundo in midfield and Bernie wide right. The rest is pretty much set in stone…and every player has had months to put themselves in contention before now but not ousted their direct rival for the position!

Last edited:
It’s why even at 2 he doesn’t change it.

We seem to be in a good place this season with Foden to come back.

Let’s hope it stays that way and in the summer if we lose Bernardo and Gundogan we need to really go all out.

Oh and from a friend, Gomez accepts he’s not good enough for City and will be gone in the summer

I suspect Pep is keeping him involved purely for financial reasons, a bit like ferguson did at the swamp. Put fringe players on when the game is won and their value increases

First half 2nd gear
Second half lethargic

nowhere near value for money football entertainment wise but a win is a win, if I was a leicester fan I would be livid at their lack of interest or effort.

Has Walker been shagging Mahrez’ bird or something!
I can’t believe a player of Mahrez’ quality would not see a team mate in so much space and ignore him for no reason

I think the second half along with the performance in the Carabaou at Southampton puts to bed the myth that we have a really big squad full of world class players
I noted the Mahrez/Walker thing in my comment. That was some really weird shit. I wondered if Mahrez was sulking after being left out on Tuesday then being left on the pitch whilst others got a rest.

First 30 minutes was perfect. A literal dream scenario panned out almost word for word how I would have hoped. After that we got far too sloppy.

No issue with a natural drop in intensity and I think peps subs were spot on but the players that came on should have been hungrier to impress and those that stayed on should have been at a higher tempo.

Being 3 up after 25 minutes and then finishing the game with just 2 on the g/d isn't good enough, we have to expect to need to win every game to win the league and expect arsenal to win every game except ours which means goal difference wins the league, missed opportunity in that regard and you can bet arsenal will fill their boots with 1 game a week.

Did what we had to, and left us in a very good shape For bayern so can't be too critical. Now let's book our place in the semis and final of the two cups before demolishing arsenal.
Beat Arsenal and we're a minimum of 9 ahead on goal difference, with just seven other games to play. That would be a huge ask for them, especially given we're quite capable of scoring a few ourselves.

For those interested, Inter just went down 0-1 to Monza.

Real are currently drawing 0-0 away to Cadiz (65th minute).

And people are complaining about our result today.
FT: Inter 0 - 1 Monza

Real are no leading 0-2 against Cadiz (83rd minute).

So, us and Real are the only CL QFinalists that won today.

Overall job done, no injuries and important players rested. I would of course have liked to have seen one of the 'irregulars' who came on as a sub have a great game and apply some pressure but in the scheme of things that's a minor disappointment. The 'safe passage' of our best players is much more important at this stage of proceedings.

tbh I thought Pep screwed up today and I think he realised it as the game wore on. He brought on too many subs, and when Leicester scored Pep was a nervous and anxious as us fans.

But the subs did well tbh, it did get to that point where suddenly the game could turn on its head from us being too comfortable and they all felt it, so well done keeping calm despite the fuckups that let them in.

Motm for me was Stones. If he played for utd or lfc the media would be calling for him to be england captain.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.