Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

What I expected apart from Pep fookin my hatrick bet right up, £50 on Erling at least give me 15 2nd half minutes
It's either all or nothing with Pep regarding subs
Today could have been a tricky performance but having KDB bang on it then the game was done after 25 minutes
I really think Pep wanted to leave another 2 out at least (Stones & Rodri) but that would have been to manny, these reserves havnt played enough minutes
That 2nd half especially last 30 were shite, it shows you how much Laporte, Phillips are off it
Laporte positioning at times caused Dias problems he treads water big time when we are chasing back
Nothing against Phillips but he aint good enough, slow as fuck
Listen I have no problem with using the squad, I moan enough during the season saying get your subs on Pep for fucksake
Just dont like putting to many on espeacialy 46th minute
Off to Munich & then a long trip to Wembley all go
Same team as 1st leg on Wednesday & expect wholesale changes against Sheff UTD in preparation for Arsenal.

1 game at a time blues

Beat Arsenal and we're a minimum of 9 ahead on goal difference, with just seven other games to play. That would be a huge ask for them, especially given we're quite capable of scoring a few ourselves.
we win every game 1-0 they win every game bar ours 3-0 the win the leagie by goal difference

7 goals apart with 8 games isn't a plus for us, we should have put 6-10 past the foxes today and bumped it up, we were lazy and too casual today

Inter lost, Madrid 2-0 up after emptying the bench.
Yep, just posted about this (bottom of previous page).

That’s us and Real that have won out of all of the quarter finalists.

Like I said before, many people don’t understand how much of a balancing act it is to maintain our insane standards. There are always trade offs, but we still managed to win, rest/protect players, and give fringe players some minutes, something nearly every other CL contender couldn’t manage.

And people are complaining about our result today.

I really don't see anyone complaining about the result, you know. Everybody's happy about that, and everybody's happy that key players got some well-earned rest for the fight on Wednesday.
People are making some critical comments about the way our game became disjointed in the last twenty minutes, to the point where we conceded a silly goal and could have conceded another. That's all, really.

Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp:

"It could have backfired for Manchester City, taking Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland off. It goes to 3-1 and Maddison and Iheanacho had great chances. Man City had no answers. They got away with it. Of course you have to make changes and protect players but they were incredibly lucky today."

We got incredibly lucky apparently

What I expected apart from Pep fookin my hatrick bet right up, £50 on Erling at least give me 15 2nd half minutes
It's either all or nothing with Pep regarding subs
Today could have been a tricky performance but having KDB bang on it then the game was done after 25 minutes
I really think Pep wanted to leave another 2 out at least (Stones & Rodri) but that would have been to manny, these reserves havnt played enough minutes
That 2nd half especially last 30 were shite, it shows you how much Laporte, Phillips are off it
Laporte positioning at times caused Dias problems he treads water big time when we are chasing back
Nothing against Phillips but he aint good enough, slow as fuck
Listen I have no problem with using the squad, I moan enough during the season saying get your subs on Pep for fucksake
Just dont like putting to many on espeacialy 46th minute
Off to Munich & then a long trip to Wembley all go
Same team as 1st leg on Wednesday & expect wholesale changes against Sheff UTD in preparation for Arsenal.

1 game at a time blues
Good points. I just hope we don’t underestimate Sheffield United. The team that finished today will struggle vs Sheffield United. Palmer and Phillips are Championship quality players.

I really don't see anyone complaining about the result, you know. Everybody's happy about that, and everybody's happy that key players got some well-earned rest for the fight on Wednesday.
People are making some critical comments about the way our game became disjointed in the last twenty minutes, to the point where we conceded a silly goal and could have conceded another. That's all, really.
I think people are ultimately complaining about the whole game (thus the result), because if they understood that there are always trade offs to this insane balancing act we are successfully performing thus far (you can’t have everything you want, all the time), they wouldn’t really be complaining about the last 20 minutes.

I see the last 20 minutes as the logical outcome (read trade off) for the first 70 and everything we achieved to hopefully set ourselves up for Bayern away.

People always want everything without having to give up anything.

"It could have backfired for Manchester City, taking Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland off. It goes to 3-1 and Maddison and Iheanacho had great chances. Man City had no answers. They got away with it. Of course you have to make changes and protect players but they were incredibly lucky today."

“Incredibly lucky.” Incredibly.
That is a simply laughable judgement, and displays the innate hostility to us on the part of people who are supposed to be objective that immediately surfaces on the slightest pretext.
Did Redknapp comment that Arsenal were “incredibly lucky” to walk away from Anfield with a point? Just asking.

Last edited:

Swings and rounabouts. We could have been out of sight in that first half and still had decent chances in the second half to kill off Leicester before their spell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.