Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp:

"It could have backfired for Manchester City, taking Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland off. It goes to 3-1 and Maddison and Iheanacho had great chances. Man City had no answers. They got away with it. Of course you have to make changes and protect players but they were incredibly lucky today."

We got incredibly lucky apparently

Unlike Jamie, coz everyday he looks more and more like his dad.

I dont what has happened to Palmer. Earlier this season you could see this kid forcing his way into contention as a starter. Now he looks completely lost out there.
Let's be honest he was asked to play a role that just isn't him.
Of the changes that was the strangest - if you bring Palmer on then the natural progression is Grealish coming inside surely?

Reactions: CC1
I'm working on a ship so watched the game on TV. So for all you that went to the game the standing ovation you gave Rodri came across awesome through the TV I was like Wow. He looked surprised as if he was thinking is this really for me then he had a little smile to himself ,you could see he felt proud .I think today you showed Rodri how much City fans appreciate the job he does for the team.He thoroughly deserved it and even though I couldn't be there to join in I really enjoyed watching it from afar.
Yeah, every bit of appreciation has been massively earned by the Matador, he doesn’t get taken off very often, hence the surprise from him, our next legend after KDB retires

For the life of me I can’t understand why so many are slagging the team off. Can’t you lot fucking see we have rotate and rest players. We have some huge fixtures coming up including Bayern on Weds. The tie isn’t over by a long chalk. They have the firepower to recover and come out victors. The team were knackered from Weds so you can’t expect a rip roaring performance. You’ll all be fuming if Kev or Rodders gets injured because they’ve been playing in the red zone. Today was a brilliant result and came out of it unscathed.

Don't want to single out individuals but that second half was very poor. Massive gulf in class between the first 15 and the replacements. Some of these need to find another home.
I think it’s not so much the drop in quality per se. But the fact that the 5 were put on together & our 5 best players taken off - thus leaving them with no help & support. All of those subs would play better if they were playing with the better players.

Did Alvarez touch the ball 2nd half?

And Rodri first half declined a chance to feed Haaland.

So not all down to the inferior subs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.