Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Excellent first half but the drop off with the substitutions was concerning. Leicester had a good second half and we looked fragile, not something I expected at all. If not for Eddie and the post we could have had an uncomfortable end to the game or even lost 2 points.

Not sure on the reason, I didn't expect it as whilst we were bringing off world class players those coming on should still be able to compete. But there was no real presence or desire. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was the ones who stayed on who took their foot off a little.

But when we are good we are very good. Over to arsenal, and they too now have to win every game and they play twice now before our next game. If they're anything less than 9 points ahead when we meet then they've blinked first and we must take full advantage.

He's been here eight of those twelve and has regressed
It’s a fair comment, that suggests a lack of confidence & he hasn’t had consistent game time to build that up. His injuries at the start of the season have hampered him definitely, he could of played a lot of football in the earlier rounds of the cups (especially the CL) and gained valuable experience

It’s a fair comment, that suggests a lack of confidence & he hasn’t had consistent game time to build that up. His injuries at the start of the season have hampered him definitely, he could of played a lot of football in the earlier rounds of the cups (especially the CL) and gained valuable experience
We listened to Stones' interview after the Bayern Munich game on Tuesday and how he spoke about learning angles to collect the ball etc and then you watch Phillips yesterday!
Perhaps we just don't play a game that's suited to his strengths

Worth mentioning how good the fans were in tgat second half in what turned onto a zero intensity training match. I ain't complaining and delighted key players got a good rest. Poznan was like Mexican wave, took a while to get across to colin Bell stand from its origins in South Stand. Never once heard City Vity best team in the land and all the wod though, needs a good airing every match IMHO. I'm not sure the tannoy at start always helps atmosphere either.

Hey ho onwards and upwards CTWD
Crowd was very loud in the second half.

Excellent first half but the drop off with the substitutions was concerning. Leicester had a good second half and we looked fragile, not something I expected at all. If not for Eddie and the post we could have had an uncomfortable end to the game or even lost 2 points.

Not sure on the reason, I didn't expect it as whilst we were bringing off world class players those coming on should still be able to compete. But there was no real presence or desire. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was the ones who stayed on who took their foot off a little.

But when we are good we are very good. Over to arsenal, and they too now have to win every game and they play twice now before our next game. If they're anything less than 9 points ahead when we meet then they've blinked first and we must take full advantage.
If you take off five core players from any team they will struggle, Pep said this after the match.

That could have been our Liverpool at Palace in 2014 moment. 3-0 up at half time and fell to pieces with the evaporation of attitude, triggered by Guardiola needlessly resting players!

As soon as you withdraw Rodri and insert Philips, you might as well play with 10 men. Frankly I hope he never dons a City shirt again as he's a complete liability. Thank God he kept Bernardo on or we could have bloody lost that!

Needless?

If you don’t understand the need to rest key players at 3-0 up - ahead of a midweek away game at Bayern, an FA Cup Semi-final at Wembley on Saturday and an absolutely crucial midweek game against our title rivals the following week - then whoever chose your user name had it spot on!

Not many positives to take away from that second half, but the fact we got to rest key players is very clearly one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.