Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Our intention after the 3rd goal was just to keep the ball to avoid Leicester attacks. Once their players realized we had no intention to properly attack, they were emboldened and made it difficult for us. Our problems weren't down only to the quality of the squad players but to our desire to save energy and avoid injuries before Bayern. It was pointless to put 6 past Leicester and risk fatigue and injuries. Job done.

I wonder whether our problems in the last 15 minutes will change our plans for SU game. Pep may be wary of starting all of Phillips, Gomez and Palmer.

We listened to Stones' interview after the Bayern Munich game on Tuesday and how he spoke about learning angles to collect the ball etc and then you watch Phillips yesterday!
Perhaps we just don't play a game that's suited to his strengths
Again I agree (from what I’ve seen) he doesn’t look comfortable taking the ball on the half turn, and can be a bit indecisive, I watched him a few times in the championship (live) and he was head & shoulders at such a young age, his strengths appeared to be playing raking balls across the pitch, and switching play, with a lot of sideways passing, which is all front on. Hopefully we don’t lose Bernie & Gundo does another season because that’s two players who like to receive the ball in such ways, i don’t think Bellingham would solve that problem, more a player like Enzo Fernandez

Not really. He's not at that elite level.
pep-man-city.gif

People will realise what a magnificent footballer Bernardo is once he leaves, he is 100% world class.

Last edited:
Our intention after the 3rd goal was just to keep the ball to avoid Leicester attacks. Once their players realized we had no intention to properly attack, they were emboldened and made it difficult for us. Our problems weren't down only to the quality of the squad players but to our desire to save energy and avoid injuries before Bayern. It was pointless to put 6 past Leicester and risk fatigue and injuries. Job done.

I wonder whether our problems in the last 15 minutes will change our plans for SU game. Pep may be wary of starting all of Phillips, Gomez and Palmer.
Phillips has to start against Sheffield, if he doesn't he has not future with us, Gomez and Palmer nowhere near good enough at this time, both need to go away on loans next season.

Redtwatt junior no wonder Louise fucked him off he is a cockwomble of the highest order.
I find it hard to decide who is most stupid “pundit” on TV between Redknapp junior, Joe Cole and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank. There are strong cases to be made for each of them but on balance, and for being more consistently stupid, I think the prize has to go to Redknapp.

I'm gonna start calling Gomez, Charlie Bucket. Because he plays like a player who won the golden ticket to play in a Premier league side.
Feel sorry for the guy, always come on with half of the side taken off and the game won, looks like a rabbit in headlights 90% of the time, clearly talented but needs to go out on loan.

Some great attacking football in the first half. The link up with Haaland and De Bruyne especially.

Wouldn’t worry too much with the 2nd half. The only real learning is to not make so many subs since it just makes things completely disjointed and leads to a big drop off.

We saw the same thing vs Utd so hopefully we don’t do it again. Pep obviously putting Bayern first so was willing to risk it but it’s clear some of the players brought on aren’t at the right level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.