Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Well; on the "glass half full" side of the fence, that second half should have helped Pep with picking his team for the remaining games. I get why he made the subs he did. We (hopefully) have a crammed schedule for the remainder of the season, and the squad needs to be managed. There seemed to be no point leaving the likes of Kev, Erling and Stones on and risk them picking up injuries in what, AT THAT STAGE, seemed a dead game. But the players that came on were clearly inferior to those they replaced. I can’t criticise them too much. It's not Phillips' fault that he's nowhere near Rodri's standards. Not every player could be a world beater. For every Dias, there's 10 Mangalas. But the starting XI in the remaining games should be clear in Pep's mind now. The XI for next weekend could be interesting, mind. Will he risk sacrificing the FA Cup for the bigger prizes? I watched the Sheffield United game earlier, and they looked good. Whereas that team we had on for the last 20-30 minutes didn't.

The same team from the last 20-30 minutes would perform much better against SU because context changes a lot. We were 3 goals up and didn't want to attack peoperly after the 3rd goal. Against SU we'll start from 0:0 and play to win. And if we have problems, we can always bring Haaland, KDB, Rodri on. We'll be fine.

Feel sorry for the guy, always come on with half of the side taken off and the game won, looks like a rabbit in headlights 90% of the time, clearly talented but needs to go out on loan.
He's a likeable lad and a lifelong blue so I want him to succeed. But unfortunately, I've seen nothing to me convince he will(YET).

I accept all the arguments about saving ourselves for Munich and conserving energy as we have so many games coming up, but I'd like our goal difference to be a few more (compared to Arsenal) before we stop taking our foot off the gas.
We won the 2012 title on GD and although we won the 2019 and 2022 titles by a single point, we were well ahead on GD going into the final few games and knew we'd win it if the points were level.

Thought Kalvin Phillips' MOTD interview was really interesting. He basically said that he had a 'stinker' and was semi laughing about it at the same time. I think this is a sign how of low his confidence is

What happened to Rico Lewis?
In his most recent outings he didn’t play particularly well in my opinion, and he’s still a year or two off being able to physically compete. He helped us during the ‘happy flowers’ phase of our season when Pep wanted to show certain senior guys that he’s happy to play anybody over them if they aren’t hungry for it, but that in my opinion made people think he’s ready to be a regular - he isn’t. Not yet.

pep-man-city.gif

People will realise what a magnificent footballer Bernardo is once he leaves, he is 100% world class.
Losing Bernardo would be a huge step back for us, even if hopefully Bellingham comes. Gundogan aswell, but he is 32 so fair enough.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.