Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

In his most recent outings he didn’t play particularly well in my opinion, and he’s still a year or two off being able to physically compete. He helped us during the ‘happy flowers’ phase of our season when Pep wanted to show certain senior guys that he’s happy to play anybody over them if they aren’t hungry for it, but that in my opinion made people think he’s ready to be a regular - he isn’t. Not yet.
Maybe. But he was a hell of a lot better than those who came on yesterday and would be one I would keep for next season.

To lose one will be hard to lose two is a nightmare scenario, whoever replaces them.
It’s not ideal, but I think history shows we should actually be relaxed about it. We all (legitimately) felt like we couldn’t replace Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguero, we more recently felt like Walker would be impossible to replace because of his unique set of attributes. But history has shown that we have a master in Pep in terms of adapting a team and going again. We’ve lost so many irreplaceable players that we ought to be shit now. But we’re not. And we won’t be after Gundo and Bernardo leave either, because we have Pep and he trumps everything. When Pep leaves, we’ll struggle much much more with these transitions between old and new teams, as nobody does it better than him.

I love gundo but you can understand looking for his replacement now. Bernie though needs to be kept at all costs.
If we can keep him thats great, if we can’t we’ll move on just as we have after Aguero, Toure, Silva, Fernandinho, Kompany, and others.

Many posters were keen that we rotate a great deal many more for Leicester and start those that came on in the second half. The second half demonstrated why we cannot do that. Take Rodri, Kevin and Jack out of our team and we struggle. Hope Phil is back soon and that we continue to avoid injuries.

It’s not ideal, but I think history shows we should actually be relaxed about it. We all (legitimately) felt like we couldn’t replace Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguero, we more recently felt like Walker would be impossible to replace because of his unique set of attributes. But history has shown that we have a master in Pep in terms of adapting a team and going again. We’ve lost so many irreplaceable players that we ought to be shit now. But we’re not. And we won’t be after Gundo and Bernardo leave either, because we have Pep and he trumps everything. When Pep leaves, we’ll struggle much much more with these transitions between old and new teams, as nobody does it better than him.
Very true but we had seen with Grealish it takes time to learn how Pep wants to play, and CM is the hardest of all positions in our team.

Phillips doesn't look fit enough to me, which may be a result of his injuries. His confidence is shot and when he plays, he hides on the pitch. In his position he should be demanding the ball but he's far too passive at the moment

Reactions: CC1
Wonderful first 30 minutes. At the business end, you have to be happy with swatting aside a team that quickly between two huge European games. We earned the right to rest the big boys.

Stunk the place out after Rodri departed but we won and that is what matters most. We ended the game with seven of the starting XI vs Bayern not on the pitch, so whilst the last 20 minutes was uncomfortable, it shouldn't worry us moving forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.