Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Gary Birtles just now on Talksport saying we are fortunate to make several changes yesterday and still maintain control of the game…
What game was he watching

Thought Kalvin Phillips' MOTD interview was really interesting. He basically said that he had a 'stinker' and was semi laughing about it at the same time. I think this is a sign how of low his confidence is
Agreed. He looks overwhelmed by the talent he’s playing with. His long term injury didn’t help him settle & it’s almost as if he’s just joined us & thus needs time to learn the city/Pep way of playing now that he is fit to play & - like all “new” players - that will take time.

I’m not giving up on him yet

Phillips doesn't look fit enough to me, which may be a result of his injuries. His confidence is shot and when he plays, he hides on the pitch. In his position he should be demanding the ball but he's far too passive at the moment
Another season of coaching and then we should know. Very few players can come in me hit the ground running. And it wasn’t just him yesterday. V hard for him to dominate a game with so many other changes.

He was doing a lot of scanning yesterday but the pass was off - could be the impact of so many subs and so many were all over the shop and/or his body position. I read that Nasri interview where he mentions Peps obsession with body position. It’s something Fernandinho did beautifully and I imagine it isn’t something a player picks up straight away - Phillips doesn’t look as fluid yet, plays the ball straight and stiff.

Another season of coaching and then we should know. Very few players can come in me hit the ground running. And it wasn’t just him yesterday. V hard for him to dominate a game with so many other changes.

He was doing a lot of scanning yesterday but the pass was off - could be the impact of so many subs and so many were all over the shop and/or his body position. I read that Nasri interview where he mentions Peps obsession with body position. It’s something Fernandinho did beautifully and I imagine it isn’t something a player picks up straight away - Phillips doesn’t look as fluid yet, plays the ball straight and stiff.
Great summary. I think we need to give him time to learn - now he’s fully fit

I think we saw why Pep doesn't like making subs. Saying that I was happy to see Palmer get some game time and Rodri, Stones & Haaland wrapped in cotton wool.

Phillips is just an absolute nothing player. He has to be out the door the second the window opens if Rodri is missing for an extended period of time we're so fucked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.