Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Some of the goons on here all I can say is that I really wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with you on D day. We made 5 changes when everything was finely tuned for the starting 11. Some saying “ship em out” , “soft underbelly” , “squad depth is a myth” etc etc should hang their heads in shame. It’s you lot that need fkin shipping out!
Fair points, well made.. some folks could well do to lighten up, given the run-in we've got and the rewards we might achieve if we manage it correctly between now and early June.

Like you say, we're 'in the trenches' all right enough.. perhaps channelling their 'Inner Percy Sugden' might help a few on here..

As the Catering Corps' finest would have put it; 'When you've made gravy under fire, you can do anything!'; and 'Pressure? You've not known pressure until you've made Christmas Dinner under fire for a battalion of men..!'

Mind, that second half yesterday was dire beyond words.. no wonder we all resorted to 'The Poznan' to try to cheer us up..!

Some of the goons on here all I can say is that I really wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with you on D day. We made 5 changes when everything was finely tuned for the starting 11. Some saying “ship em out” , “soft underbelly” , “squad depth is a myth” etc etc should hang their heads in shame. It’s you lot that need fkin shipping out!

The starting 11 took a breather yesterday as Wednesday night needs to be seen over the line. I imagine we will see a largely rotated starting 11 at Wembley next week with Arsenal on the horizon. 14 more cup finals coming up, what an end to the season it could be.

Too many subs and pretty much three or four who dont play usually let alone together , but job done for points , pity we lost one on goal difference

The starting 11 took a breather yesterday as Wednesday night needs to be seen over the line. I imagine we will see a largely rotated starting 11 at Wembley next week with Arsenal on the horizon. 14 more cup finals coming up, what an end to the season it could be.

Every bugger is here complaining about the second half. Look where we are! A little perspective is needed if we are to get through all this.

Every bugger is here complaining about the second half. Look where we are! A little perspective is needed if we are to get through all this.

We could have gone full pelt at Leicester and kept people on, it won’t have them primed for Wednesday by doing that. If we get an early goal in Munich and kill off the tie maybe we could do it again. We need to be firing for what’s coming up, only thing important at the moment is the result.

Although it's generally a good thing to live in hope....and that West Ham will do us a favour today...I think its best to focus on City and how we can keep this great run going. Starting at Bayern on Wednesday, continuing it at Wembley next weekend and then the premier league's biggest game of the season a week on Wednesday. It'll be nice if Arsenal's competitors do us a favour but I'm not counting on that. Anyhow well played City and the fans. The poznan celebrations seem to gee the crowd up a bit and create a party atmosphere so it's all good. Onwards and upwards. Keep the faith. Up the blues.

imagine how many goals haaland would have if he played 90 mins every week.probably be pushing 60 now

Phillips has to start against Sheffield, if he doesn't he has not future with us, Gomez and Palmer nowhere near good enough at this time, both need to go away on loans next season.
I agree about Phillips.

Let's see how he does starting a game. He is used to playing at Wembley with England and started for them in Italy not so long ago, so he should be able to handle next week.

He didn't seem to adjust to the pace of the game and seemed very passive yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.