Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonucci - World class CB and a LEADER.
Kompany always injured.
i can see Bonucci as the replacement, if Kompany still injured next season.
Yaya, Hart & Kolarov are no captain material. doesn't influence enough.
they failed to motivate team, inspire young player & lack of intelligence.

Bonucci - World class CB and a LEADER.
Kompany always injured.
i can see Bonucci as the replacement, if Kompany still injured next season.
Yaya, Hart & Kolarov are no captain material. doesn't influence enough.
they failed to motivate team, inspire young player & lack of intelligence.

Yep fu@@ it get him in then :)
I've stirred it up enough now going to get ready to watch the tennis
I just wish he was 26

Ah the academy , Chelsea have just won the youth cup 2 years running and hardly anybody makes the first team ,again I hope you're right .i agree it is very impressive but where does this leave our academy product Denayer .
This is another argument though

I've watched Denayer play about 20 times (About 10 for Celtic, 5 for Galatasaray and every Belgium appearance (7, some subs appearances)) and he certainly isn't ready for a starting squad role at the moment. More likely to be rotated into the team for lesser cup matches. Chelsea had a manager with a poor track record for youth development, add to that too many players, meaning some players that were good enough got lost in their system and sent out on loan.

Also bear in mind Kompany was only involved in 22 games last year and a few of those were him going off injured and barely playing. So Bonucci will make us less reliant on Kompany, who has been great for us and won us titles but whose fitness has also probably cost us a league title in the time he's been here.

Last edited:
I was pretty sceptical about this rumour at first, but it seems to be gathering momentum. Will be a great signing if we manage to pull it off.

If we were to add Bonucci then we'd have him, Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer who could play centre half. A lot will depend on the formation we play (Guardiola has been known to utilise 3 at the back) but 5 centre halves does seem like 1 too many. Kompany is a bit of a liability fitness wise these days so maybe that's the thought process here, or maybe we'll be looking to let someone leave. You'd suspect that Mangala will be the one most at risk. He's no longer a "young" player given he's 25 so there should be a degree of reliability there by now, and his performances should probably have reached higher level by this stage.

A lot of us said we needed a top quality centre half, and Bonucci would certainly fit the bill, it will be interesting to see, if he does join us, what impact it will have on the other options.

Could we see Kompany used as a CDM in light of his injury record? Or one of the others maybe if Kompany can keep fit

I take it Stones will be staying at Everton? A second year of wanting out with no fee agreed must be depressing for the young man. Heavily stacked in that area of the pitch, can't see us taking both at them prices.

I was pretty sceptical about this rumour at first, but it seems to be gathering momentum. Will be a great signing if we manage to pull it off.
Hearing anything @Ric? Considering the size of the bid, Bonucci seems to be THE player Pep wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.