L'Equipe report that Guardiola has met with United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of spanish ballbag but I fucking love this statement:

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m2 minutes ago

On Pep and United. It is false they have met in Paris. As a friend just told me, why would United meet the next City manager?

Just added:

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m2 minutes ago

So not true Pep met United. He has agreed to join City but hasnt signed yet. That'll happen when Bayern-City is not possible in the CL (2/2)
I've always liked him!..

this is beautiful. you can feel the desperation jumping right off the page. thank you mr plastic, you made my day.

sammsky1 says.

I'm delighted we are in discussions with him, but I don't see any reason for surprise. Of course Manchester United would want to meet him. The bigger issue is what sales pitch we can give him to beat Manchester City.

I can think of 4 discriminating reasons:

1. We are a genuinely iconic global brand that would be befitting for a man with his CV. His business card with a Manchester United logo is far more prestigious than having Manchester City on it!
2. He opportunity to cement himself into our footballing history if he can solve our current crisis and be the man who was successful after SAF.
3. He will have full authority on all footballing matters including transfers and footballing staff appointments.
4. We would be delighted if he stayed for a decade, even if he does not intend to.

The only negative I can think of is that we are still a work in progress and need to make several leaps before we become champions of England and Europe Gain. It's more of a risk for him than City

The 3 strong reasons City have are

1. He can be the man who made City into an all conquering global force.
2. already have a world class squad.
3. Guarantee the largest transfer budget in the Premier League.

The negatives are:
- low global respect and fane base
- significantly less control

I'm one of those who think his achievements are vastly over-rated as he has only worked in a duopoly and monopoly leagues and inherited world class squads with all the work done for him. I know others diagaree but if he took the United job and succeeded, he would convince all the people like me who doubted his true capability.

If Guardiola wants an easy life he'll take City. However if he wants to be considered amongst the top football men in all history, he has to take the United job. I suspect we'll have to make him to most highly paid football manager in history to help convice him!

turtle-flapping.png
WTF has thread to do with LVG?

I wont get excited until Anonymous announces Pep is coming on Tw@tter. Hes the only man in the know you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.