L'Equipe report that Guardiola has met with United

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to Manchester... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... City

The rags in the office are beyond excited at this news.
I'm not rising to it, just sitting at my desk with a knowing smile :-)

I don't believe Pep has met with anyone. He had one decision to make. Stay at Bayern or agree (in principal)
to manage Manchester City next season. We all know this talk has been going on since he went to Bayern.
The press over here have been trying to hawk him to Rags, Chelsea et al in order to sell print or get clicks.

We haven't just started this saga, since Pep let Bayern know he was leaving. Although reading the press,
you'd think otherwise. I believe this has been part of our long term plan and the only people who have
been on board with this are the bookies. They don't like losing money.

The rags in the office are beyond excited at this news.
I'm not rising to it, just sitting at my desk with a knowing smile :-)

You need to encourage them to speak up and make statements about how great he is, so you can ram them back down their throats, my sister has bitten this morning, got a text from her all giddy, that I am going to save and send back to her in May.

Pure coincidence of course....but yesterday the boss at our works got an email from Stretford asking him to renew his corporate tickets for next season !!

Exactly. Even the tone of most newspapers here have changed.
They have resigned themselves to Pep coming to City.

Martin Samuels wrote that he had been told by so many different creditable sources that Guardiola is coming to City that he no longer bothers to put caveats in when he writes about it. Obviously it suits the media to keep the story going as long as possible but eventually they'll give up.

I doubt that he has personally flown to Paris to meet with reps of United, although he might have bumped into them on occasions. I expect he initially told his agent that City were his preferred choice but to listen to the inevitable approaches from a few other clubs.

As far as I know Pep nor City have stated he/Pep signed for us. That is the moment everyone will know.
L'Equipe could be wrong, so could Martin Samuel who is simply a columnist at the Dail Fail of all papers. Martin Samuel despite all his sources didn't know anything about the Chinese deal, now did he?
It's funny that we mainly state not to trust the papers. It seems to be the case unless it's something nice about City.
I personally get sick and tired reading these daily stories about Pep. And all these clowns and papers who say they are ITK. And the people who simply believe it because they so much want Pep to join City. I hope he comes to us, either this summer or the next one. If it happens, I will be happy. If it doesn't happen I'm sure our owners have a few more tricks on their sleeves to keep our club progressing one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.