Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I know they play in different positions, I meant that Kelechi is arguably just as much as a talent as Sane but can't get a game despite Aguero's injuries and Bony not suiting our system.

If he plays on the right, he's taking KDB's place. If KDB moves in the centre, that means no Silva. If he plays wide left, Sterling isn't playing. And this is without factoring the potential Isco transfer into it. Just doesn't make sense to me...
Navas and Nasri moved on in the summer? Maybe it's a question of getting the targets in before other clubs move in. If you know who you want maybe you have to go for it before it's too late.

does he play left right or both? Im a fan of navas and he adds width but he looks ambivalent of staying or going.

Who could rationally argue that?
Played brilliantly in the past 2 pre-seasons, Golden Ball & Silver Boot in the U17 World Cup and has always looked promising when he's played for us (more than 5 minutes). What's there to suggest he's not as much of a prospect as Sane?

Played brilliantly in the past 2 pre-seasons, Golden Ball & Silver Boot in the U17 World Cup and has always looked promising when he's played for us (more than 5 minutes). What's there to suggest he's not as much of a prospect as Sane?
Sané has been playing first team football for the past two seasons, has been capped by one of the best National teams and is in general a better talent; there's a lot more evidence to suggest and back up as much.

Iheanacho hasn't had much of a chance to prove much to be fair but you've seen very little of Iheanacho and probably less of Sané yet say they're arguably as talented as each other. There's a bigger and better body of work to suggest one is ahead of the other.

Iheanacho isn't even the best 19 year old talent in the league. It's similar to how injured players are rated better when they're missing.

Navas and Nasri moved on in the summer? Maybe it's a question of getting the targets in before other clubs move in. If you know who you want maybe you have to go for it before it's too late.

This is my thinking behind it replace Nasri, Navas and Bony with Isco, Sane and Messi and it gives us outright quality along with flexibility and fucking Messi......

Sané has been playing first team football for the past two seasons, has been capped by one of the best National teams and is in general a better talent; there's a lot more evidence to suggest and back up as much.

Iheanacho hasn't had much of a chance to prove much to be fair but you've seen very little of Iheanacho and probably less of Sané yet say they're arguably as talented as each other. There's a bigger and better body of work to suggest one is ahead of the other.

Iheanacho isn't even the best 19 year old talent in the league. It's similar to how injured players are rated better when they're missing.

I've only seen Sane play against Madrid in the CL and yes he was impressive, but if Iheanacho was in a team such as Schalke, I honestly believe he'd be viewed in the same light as Sane in terms of talent. It's the club's fault for playing him so sporadically.

Anyway, I'm aware I'm derailing the thread. What's his best qualities? How does he compare to Sterling? Is he a wide player as I've also heard he's an attacking mid and I'm sure he was in a front 2 against Madrid with Huntelaar?

Stand out Champions League debut against Real Madrid:

Recent performance against Bayern:

Well, that was hilariously underwhelming. I can see why he's being compared to Martial - they both pull about two semi-impressive moves per game and that makes them worth 30 million+. Three of the better passes in those compilations came from defenders who'd just tackled him, and if Real Madrid gave me that much room on the edge of the box, I could hit a not very hard shot not very close to the top corner as well (shocker from the keeper). Most of the rest was just short passes, or little runs followed by losing the ball. He might be brilliant for all I know, but those vids certainly don't show it. If we spend big on this guy before giving Kelechi a real run in the team, I will be severely disappointed.

Well, that was hilariously underwhelming. I can see why he's being compared to Martial - they both pull about two semi-impressive moves per game and that makes them worth 30 million+. Three of the better passes in those compilations came from defenders who'd just tackled him, and if Real Madrid gave me that much room on the edge of the box, I could hit a not very hard shot not very close to the top corner as well (shocker from the keeper). Most of the rest was just short passes, or little runs followed by losing the ball. He might be brilliant for all I know, but those vids certainly don't show it. If we spend big on this guy before giving Kelechi a real run in the team, I will be severely disappointed.
Really? Understand that's an 18 year old against the 2nd best team in the world. His touch, his confidence, his vision, passing and then bags a goal, an assist and puts my favorite Madrista on his arse. Dude, yes, 18 yearolds don't run at Madrid like Mahrez running at Aston Villa. His similarity to Martial ends at both being comfortable running at players. This kid seems like a more refined Mahrez.... He is 19!!!

Anyway, let me put it this way, I think I'll take Pep's opinion on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.