Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I read somewhere last week that Schalke wanted £32 million for him. £8.5 million city premium it seems.

This month possibly ric?

If I were a betting man, I'd bet this will be like KDB last year. Back in Jan 2015 there was a lot of talk about us scouting him, opening negotiations etc. and then finally we followed through in the summer.

Schalke won't want to sell when they are fighting for a CL place (they are currently 2 pts off) , I'm not convinced he'd be the player we want to come in during the middle of a season anyway, and we certainly wouldn't want to sell players midseason to accomodate him in the squad.

I bet we end up signing him early in the summer after doing all the leg work this month.

Should get it tied up in January and loan him back to Shalke IMO.
Drag on all summer if he's called up to the Germany squad for the Euros.

Should get it tied up in January and loan him back to Shalke IMO.
Drag on all summer if he's called up to the Germany squad for the Euros.

And god forbid he actually play well at the Euros, the price could double again.

If there was any doubt in anyone's mind that we were getting Pep, this should eradicate any doubt. Clear as day that this is a Pep signing.

Find this one a bit bizarre to be honest. We've so many areas that need investment more than attacking midfield, so it's a lot of money to be throwing at someone who isn't the finished article and wouldn't really be in our best XI. Isco at a knock down price I can understand, but this just seems a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.