Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd rather Denayer got Demichelis' incredibly limited game time rather than play for Galatasaray every week (when he's fit)?

Have you considered Denayer himself might not be happy with Demichelis' role? 35 year olds are much happier on the bench.
I tried to bang the drum about this back at the time it happened but people just don't listen and can't see the forest through the trees. Demichelis is there as a contingency plan for when/if Kompany is injured. Even with the situation as it is and the constant injury situation of Vinnie, Martin has still only started 8 games across all competitions. Is this the role we want a young kid who needs games to fill? Of course not. A loan was the right choice for Denayer this year -- unfortunately for us, VK has been injured more than you'd expect and MD has fallen off more than anticipated. That doesn't retroactively mean it wasn't the right choice to loan out Jason. It just means we've been a bit unlucky.

Really? Understand that's an 18 year old against the 2nd best team in the world. His touch, his confidence, his vision, passing and then bags a goal, an assist and puts my favorite Madrista on his arse. Dude, yes, 18 yearolds don't run at Madrid like Mahrez running at Aston Villa. His similarity to Martial ends at both being comfortable running at players. This kid seems like a more refined Mahrez.... He is 19!!!

Anyway, let me put it this way, I think I'll take Pep's opinion on this one.
Don't get me wrong, he might be brilliant now and even better when he's older, and if Pep thinks so, then I'd guess it's based on more than those two videos. But I stand by my assessment of those videos - and you can't seriously be giving him credit for the "assist" when he lost the ball in a tackle, which then luckily bounced straight into the striker's path.

You'd rather Denayer got Demichelis' incredibly limited game time rather than play for Galatasaray every week (when he's fit)?

Have you considered Denayer himself might not be happy with Demichelis' role? 35 year olds are much happier on the bench.

He'd be utilised more than Demichelis would because he's not on his last legs. He could be utilised as a screening mid late on in games as Manuel has done sparingly with Demichelis, a bold manager would try him out in place of Fernando, try and get him minutes in somewhere. He has the quality in possession to do a job there.

There's also the fact that Kompany is injury prone, so there'd only be two players in front of him at times. Mangala's form has been shaky enough to warrant being dropped also, but Demichelis is past it and hasn't been brought in.

There's even an argument Denayer could've made the spot his own while Vinnie was out, but we'll never know - because Manuel was cautious and preferred to ship out a huge young talent on a last minute loan in order to keep hold of a 35 year old squad player who's objectively past it but is someone he's worked with for years.

Even spending a year with our first team squad, making appearances as a squad player, would be more useful to him than a loan move to Turkey's tinpot league - IMO.

He was mismanaged, and the way he was convinced of his status as a squad player and told that there'd be no more major additions at centre half prior to signing a new 5 year contract, only for Otamendi to sign for just shy of £30m a week later and then being punted out on loan was absolutely shocking IMO.

He might not be available in the summer. We're not the only club who wants him, but we might be the only club who can afford him now.

The Madrid fans desperately want him. Pulling a KDB might be the only way to get him. Pay up and beat our rivals. Isco looks dead now.

There's even an argument Denayer could've made the spot his own while Vinnie was out, but we'll never know - because Manuel was cautious and preferred to ship out a huge young talent on a last minute loan in order to keep hold of a 35 year old squad player who's objectively past it but is someone he's worked with for years.

Even spending a year with our first team squad, making appearances as a squad player, would be more useful to him than a loan move to Turkey's tinpot league - IMO.
Two things in this statement are completely ridiculous. The Turkish league is very competitive and filled with good quality teams. Not to mention, it meant he got into a Champions League squad which was crucial to see how he stood up at the highest level.

The other ridiculous part of your post is that Demichelis was excellent last season and was most certainly our best defender across his first two years with the team. Him being "past it" was not evident until the competitive games started happening this season -- no one would have expected such a drop off. He was there as a 4th choice contingency and league cup player. This is a perfect role for a 35 year old. Not for a 19 year old who you want to develop.

He might not be available in the summer. We're not the only club who wants him, but we might be the only club who can afford him now.

The Madrid fans desperately want him. Pulling a KDB might be the only way to get him. Pay up and beat our rivals. Isco looks dead now.

Oh god, what happened to him?

Two things in this statement are completely ridiculous. The Turkish league is very competitive and filled with good quality teams. Not to mention, it meant he got into a Champions League squad which was crucial to see how he stood up at the highest level.

The other ridiculous part of your post is that Demichelis was excellent last season and was most certainly our best defender across his first two years with the team. Him being "past it" was not evident until the competitive games started happening this season -- no one would have expected such a drop off. He was there as a 4th choice contingency and league cup player. This is a perfect role for a 35 year old. Not for a 19 year old who you want to develop.

I don't agree.

The Turkish league isn't enough of a step up from the SPL, the only saving grace is CL football. His weekly domestic football will be of a standard vastly inferior to the PL.

Demichelis was always going to drop off sooner or later, Manuel should've been the first to pick up on this, and preempt it.

For those two reasons Denayer would've been better off staying here as a squad player with a fair shout at earning a starting berth with injuries and form permitting.

But that's in an ideal world, and we know he likely wouldn't have gotten a fair shake with Manuel at the helm, so maybe it was better for him that he went to Galatasaray on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.