Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all do. But a 20 yearold is a 20 yearold. Friends family support system etc are all in Germany. We are asking a 20 yearold with options to choose the riskier and more dangerous route.

Sure Pep can make him better, but he 8s more likely to get better playing one more year at Shalke, honing his skills, before upping the Challenge. The fact that the best club in his home country is already giving him.that option while we aren't, suggests we are the risky option.

There are 100s of great young players who joined big clubs early and half of them are fading. The Danish kid at Real, the Croat at Barca, Kenedy at Chelsea, the Costarican kid at Arsenal, the Asian Messi at Arsenal etc. It is tough for young players to excel at big clubs. The longer you can hone your skills at a mid club the better.

I wouldn't hold it against him if he made the choice to stay. Even though I would rather he came here.
But the great players back themselves and become great players.

But the great players back themselves and become great players.

Isn't that almost equally possible regardless of the decision he makes? If that's the case then why would you leave the known for the unknown? That's another reason for him to check the stay box. Bayern is the 'bigger' club and it's home so it's not as if he's running or afraid.

Julian Draxler stayed a little too long at Schalke and ended up at Wolfsburg. Schalke still have Max Mayer and Leon Goretzka they can hold on to for another year and feed to the bayern machine later.

We all do. But a 20 yearold is a 20 yearold. Friends family support system etc are all in Germany. We are asking a 20 yearold with options to choose the riskier and more dangerous route.

Sure Pep can make him better, but he 8s more likely to get better playing one more year at Shalke, honing his skills, before upping the Challenge. The fact that the best club in his home country is already giving him.that option while we aren't, suggests we are the risky option.

There are 100s of great young players who joined big clubs early and half of them are fading. The Danish kid at Real, the Croat at Barca, Kenedy at Chelsea, the Costarican kid at Arsenal, the Asian Messi at Arsenal etc. It is tough for young players to excel at big clubs. The longer you can hone your skills at a mid club the better.

I wouldn't hold it against him if he made the choice to stay. Even though I would rather he came here.

Absolutely agree. But why should we give him the option. We are the riskier option, but that is the point. No reward without risk. The chance to play for Pep won't necessarily be there next year. Sometimes your opportunities come at non-opportune times. That is when you are tested in life. The fact that it is happening to a 19 year old on the world stage is hard, but how many 19 year olds are given the opportunity to take a shot at becoming the best player in the world.

I get the concern as he's only 20 but if he has ambition he will want to test himself in a different country in a main league.

Something Laporte was not willing to go for.

Absolutely agree. But why should we give him the option. We are the riskier option, but that is the point. No reward without risk. The chance to play for Pep won't necessarily be there next year. Sometimes your opportunities come at non-opportune times. That is when you are tested in life. The fact that it is happening to a 19 year old on the world stage is hard, but how many 19 year olds are given the opportunity to take a shot at becoming the best player in the world.

What if he signed and the rumors of Messi or Neymar actually came to fruition? I'd be fucking pissed if I were him. That got me to thinking and I was wondering if there was any transparency on our intentions here of going after Messi or Neymar. I'm not sure how the ethics behind that work and just how much insight is passed to the agent/player. Can anyone share any insight into how much clubs inform targets about the transfer plans for the window? Could it be that he said 'sure I'll come if they don't'?

What if he signed and the rumors of Messi or Neymar actually came to fruition? I'd be fucking pissed if I were him. That got me to thinking and I was wondering if there was any transparency on our intentions here of going after Messi or Neymar. I'm not sure how the ethics behind that work and just how much insight is passed to the agent/player. Can anyone share any insight into how much clubs inform targets about the transfer plans for the window? Could it be that he said 'sure I'll come if they don't'?

If we got Messi I assume Navas would be gone. We would then have 6 players for 3 spots with a perfect blend of World Class (Aguero/Messi), experience (Aguero Messi Nolito), and potential (Sterling, Sane and Nacho). We need six players for those three spots. I think this would be a group that Sane would be insane not to want to join. Learning from Pep AND Messi AND Aguero. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

If we got Messi I assume Navas would be gone. We would then have 6 players for 3 spots with a perfect blend of World Class (Aguero/Messi), experience (Aguero Messi Nolito), and potential (Sterling, Sane and Nacho). We need six players for those three spots. I think this would be a group that Sane would be insane not to want to join. Learning from Pep AND Messi AND Aguero. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Apparently Barce has just ruled out the possibility of MSN leaving. That mix you have there would have been spectacular.

I get the concern as he's only 20 but if he has ambition he will want to test himself in a different country in a main league.

Something Laporte was not willing to go for.
For good reason. He got good advice. Similarly, Stones is unlikely to go to Barca too.

For good reason. He got good advice. Similarly, Stones is unlikely to go to Barca too.
More like bad advice

Chances of him breaking into the French team at that club is a lot lower than if he joined us. Where under pep he could of improved even more while getting paid more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.