Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like bad advice

Chances of him breaking into the French team at that club is a lot lower than if he joined us. Where under pep he could of improved even more while getting paid more
Assuming he starts under Pep. What if it takes him a year to adapt? Then the pressure of win now forces Pep to go another way. Suddenly he is a backup on a top team as opposed to a starter on a mid table team. Starters on mid table team are more valuable than backups at top teams. Ask Isco.

Going to a big club is the wrong decision for 90% of players. I can't fault any player who balks at a young age. At 23-24-25, sure. By then you know if you are a bonafied star just waiting to move to your level. At 19-21 you are mostly potential. Still can go sideways.

There are countless stars wgonnow play at midtable clubs coz they went to a big club too early. Stoke has a few of them.

Talent to some extent is about perception. If you are at a midtable club blowing up you are still considered. If you bombed out of a top club already, moat of the other top clubs move on.

Assuming he starts under Pep. What if it takes him a year to adapt? Then the pressure of win now forces Pep to go another way. Suddenly he is a backup on a top team as opposed to a starter on a mid table team. Starters on mid table team are more valuable than backups at top teams. Ask Isco.

Going to a big club is the wrong decision for 90% of players. I can't fault any player who balks at a young age. At 23-24-25, sure. By then you know if you are a bonafied star just waiting to move to your level. At 19-21 you are mostly potential. Still can go sideways.

There are countless stars wgonnow play at midtable clubs coz they went to a big club too early. Stoke has a few of them.

Talent to some extent is about perception. If you are at a midtable club blowing up you are still considered. If you bombed out of a top club already, moat of the other top clubs move on.

This is genuinely, one of the dumbest things I've seen written on here.

Then the pressure of win now forces Pep to go another way. Suddenly he is a backup on a top team as opposed to a starter on a mid table team.

Guardiola rotates every single game. He sees players in training. If any player has a dip in form, they don't get permanently benched, they just get managed back into form.

If it takes him a year to adapt, then it takes him a year to adapt. He's not signing a 1 year contract, and Pep will be able to see whats going on and guide him in the right direction. Kroos took a year to adapt at Real Madrid. His career is still going somehow.

Talent to some extent is about perception. If you are at a midtable club blowing up you are still considered.

Talent isn't about perception, it's about how fucking good at football you are. And going to a team with better players, the best coach in the world with a track record of developing young players, and playing in a level of competition higher than the one you're in now is how you improve.

And what does he need to be considered about? Are you saying he won't get a big move to a big club if he's already at a big club? No shit! Are you saying he won't get picked up by another big club if he's doing poorly at another big club? Bullshit. Look at Morata or Coman.

If you bombed out of a top club already, moat of the other top clubs move on

Yes, that's why Robben and Kevin De Bruyne's careers died the day they failed at Real/Chelsea.

Starters on mid table team are more valuable than backups at top teams. Ask Isco.

WHY WOULD HE GIVE A SHIT?

What does his value mean to him? Nothing. Transfer price literally means nothing to a player except giving them an ego boost. In fact, a low transfer value is better for any player - it gives you flexibility in choosing a different club if you leave.

90% of world class players have made the jump up to top CL teams by the time they are 22, not 23-24-25 like you said. The only ones who don't move are the ones who came through an academy at one of those teams.

Oh, and by the way - he'd be moving to Bayern Munich at 21 next season anyway! So he'll still be moving young.

Honestly, that was one of the worst comments I've seen on here for a while. Stop trying to come up with idiotic, convoluted reasons for Sané not to come here.

This is genuinely, one of the dumbest things I've seen written on here.

Guardiola rotates every single game. He sees players in training. If any player has a dip in form, they don't get permanently benched, they just get managed back into form.

If it takes him a year to adapt, then it takes him a year to adapt. He's not signing a 1 year contract, and Pep will be able to see whats going on and guide him in the right direction. Kroos took a year to adapt at Real Madrid. His career is still going somehow.

Talent isn't about perception, it's about how fucking good at football you are. And going to a team with better players, the best coach in the world with a track record of developing young players, and playing in a level of competition higher than the one you're in now is how you improve.

And what does he need to be considered about? Are you saying he won't get a big move to a big club if he's already at a big club? No shit! Are you saying he won't get picked up by another big club if he's doing poorly at another big club? Bullshit. Look at Morata or Coman.

Yes, that's why Robben and Kevin De Bruyne's careers died the day they failed at Real/Chelsea.

WHY WOULD HE GIVE A SHIT?

What does his value mean to him? Nothing. Transfer price literally means nothing to a player except giving them an ego boost. In fact, a low transfer value is better for any player - it gives you flexibility in choosing a different club if you leave.

90% of world class players have made the jump up to top CL teams by the time they are 22, not 23-24-25 like you said. The only ones who don't move are the ones who came through an academy at one of those teams.

Oh, and by the way - he'd be moving to Bayern Munich at 21 next season anyway! So he'll still be moving young.

Honestly, that was one of the worst comments I've seen on here for a while. Stop trying to come up with idiotic, convoluted reasons for Sané not to come here.
Perhaps if you'd pay attention more, learn to understand what you read and insult less, you wouldn't have to go thru a whole rant that misses the point.

Subject of original post:
My post was a reply to game 161. We were discussing Laporte. And his chances of making the French team.

A year to adapt:
If it takes him a year to adapt his chances of making the WORLD Cup team is greatly diminished. Hence why I brought it up. Seeing as Kroos was already on the German team before going to Madrid, you can see how that retort carries no weight. Or perhaps you can't who knows.

More Valuable as midtable Starter than backup:
So when I say a player is more valuable as a starter for a midtable team than a backup at a top team, I mean in terms of chance of making your National team squad if not on it already. You'd have gotten that if you weren't such a rush to pretend to be smart.

Hence your whole rant about transfer price too was pointless. Typical!

Talent is to 'some extent' about Perception:
I'd explain that but then again, you' haven't shown a history of being able to grasp nuance. So maybe this is still too complex.

"I can't fault any player who balks at a young age, at 23-24-25 sure." Your response to that?
Again, another one of those your understanding issues. I did not say what world class players had done or not done at what age, did I? I said I personally wouldn't blame a young player who doesn't make the move, as most young potential end up failing anyways. Yet your retort is about stars who succeeded.

Again, epic fail!

I could go on. But I got bored, like I often do when I read your comments. High on bluster low on content.

P:S: My bad Fantasyireland, didn't mean to sidetrack Sane's thread. He is a fantastic prospect :)

Last edited:
Perhaps if you'd pay attention more, learn to understand what you read and insult less, you wouldn't have to go thru a whole rant that misses the point.

Subject of original post:
My post was a reply to game 161. We were discussing Laporte. And his chances of making the French team.

A year to adapt:
If it takes him a year to adapt his chances of making the WORLD Cup team is greatly diminished. Hence why I brought it up. Seeing as Kroos was already on the German team before going to Madrid, you can see how that retort carries no weight. Or perhaps you can't who knows.

More Valuable as midtable Starter than backup:
So when I say a player is more valuable as a starter for a midtable team than a backup at a top team, I mean in terms of chance of making your National team squad if not on it already. You'd have gotten that if you weren't such a rush to pretend to be smart.

Hence your whole rant about transfer price too was pointless. Typical!

Talent is to 'some extent' about Perception:
I'd explain that but then again, you' haven't shown a history of being able to grasp nuance. So maybe this is still too complex.

"I can't fault any player who balks at a young age, at 23-24-25 sure." Your response to that?

Again, another one of those your understanding issues. I did not say what world class players had done or not done at what age, did I? I said I personally wouldn't blame a young player who doesn't make the move, as most young potential end up failing anyways. Yet your retort is about stars who succeeded.

Again, epic fail!

I could go on. But I got bored, like I often do when I read your comments. High on bluster low on content.

P:S: My bad Fantasyireland, didn't mean to sidetrack Sane's thread. He is a fantastic prospect :)

Sorry, my mistake for thinking you'd be discussing Sané in the Sané thread.

If you were discussing Laportes chances in the French team, all you need to know to completely debunk your "theory" is that Mangala after 2 awful seasons here as 3rd/4th choice CB was still picked ahead of Laporte in the French squad, hence why Laporte was playing for the u21s when he broke his leg.

Obviously playing every week at Athletic Bilbao is doing fuck all for him given he's not got a single cap at 22.

And also you're idea that talent has any connection to perception is 100% grade a bollocks. People's perception of you doesn't make you a better or worse player. At all. Not even "in some way"

If you were discussing Laportes chances in the French team, all you need to know to completely debunk your "theory" is that Mangala after 2 awful seasons here as 3rd/4th choice CB was still picked ahead of Laporte in the French squad, hence why Laporte was playing for the u21s when he broke his leg.

Rooney ahead of drinkwater in CM.

Sorry, my mistake for thinking you'd be discussing Sané in the Sané thread.

Obviously playing every week at Athletic Bilbao is doing fuck all for him given he's not got a single cap at 22.

And also you're idea that talent has any connection to perception is 100% grade a bollocks. People's perception of you doesn't make you a better or worse player. At all. Not even "in some way"
God you are so tiresome. I want to stop derailing the Sane, but you make it hard.

You are right "your mistake for not reading and understanding before responding." You probably should have stopped there.

But nooooooooo, you must keep on regaling us with your spectacular inability to grasp nuance. Ok, I'll help you out and highlight the key phrase.

For someone who hasn't made the team yet, it's better to be a guaranteed starter on a midtable team, than a backup at a top club. Your example, Mangala, had made the French team before Joining us, thus, it doesn't really apply to him.

But worst still, had it been the case that Mangala got picked for the first time after he became a backup at a top club, this still wouldn't change a thing. It would simply have made him an exception to what's a common sense rule. "Most young players get picked for their current performances" of which they need to be starters to showcase that talent "

That you don't get that though is not surprising.

Talent and Perception: a riddle for you.
Let's say I think Nolito is better than Sane and you think Sane is better than Nolito. Who then is better?

Think before responding. The answer is not what's important. The implication is:

Either way, enough schooling for one day. Feel free to blow Hard again in future. I might just take the time out to school you :) Again.

I might have to charge a fee next time though. This lessons are not cheap :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.