Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas can fight for his place. But he will be 31 the coming season. His biggest asset is his pace and I don't think he can re adapt into a more technical player. He will improve in terms of rotation but I rather have Sane at 20 but having Navas as an swp like player is an advantage.

Navas IS a technical player. It's amazing that people have watched the man for three years and can't see he's got good technique. He's always a reliable passer, and he's always been more than capable of taking part in the tippy-tappy round the box stuff with Silva and Yaya. You don't get into that Spain team circa 2010 of you can't technically keep up with the rest of the players around you.

He will be massively improved this season because Pep will actually play to our wingers strengths instead of neutralising them with the slow, ponderous build up which was ever present last season and the season before.

I still want Sané to come in, and I still think Sané should be the starting option if he hits the ground running, but Navas will be so much better under Pep

Last edited:
C'mon France.
Hasn't made sense that he hasn't had any game time, even when they've been comfortable. I've been wondering if he annoyed the manager by doing the City deal whilst with Germany (like Silva did when he signed for us) or if his head is not there whilst he works out his future.
He's coming to City, don't you realise that automatically makes him a crap player in terms of international football.

To be honest, I'd rather he didn't play at all, rather than risk injury, while he's out there anyway.

Navas IS a technical player. It's amazing that people have watched the man for three years and can't see he's got good technique. He's always a reliable passer, and he's always been more than capable of taking part in the tippy-tappy round the box stuff with Silva and Yaya.

He will be massively improved this season because Pep will actually play to our wingers strengths instead of neutralising them with the slow, ponderous build up which was ever present last season and the season before.

I still want Sané to come in, and I still think Sané should be the starting option if he hits the ground running, but Navas will be so much better under Pep

Almost everyone will be much better under Pep. Navas will have one or two more years in him. Navas' strength has always been his breakaway counter. But age may catch up with him, maybe not. Diagonal passes and finishing are not his best assets as he tends to be the one at the end of diagonal passes, and we have seen one too many of his runs and one-on-one go to waste with poor finishing. What I think Pep will do with Navas is to emphasis less positional speed and improve on ball speed. His technical side will show. But I also feel that there are players better suited for this. Gundogan, Fernandinho, and kroos if signed, so in that regard as a mediocentro he is low in the pecking order.

Navas IS a technical player. It's amazing that people have watched the man for three years and can't see he's got good technique. He's always a reliable passer, and he's always been more than capable of taking part in the tippy-tappy round the box stuff with Silva and Yaya. You don't get into that Spain team circa 2010 of you can't technically keep up with the rest of the players around you.

Totally agree.

Always said this. He may be one-dimensional and have obvious weaknesses but his technical ability often gets overlooked or even discarded. He rarely loses the ball even in tight spaces, has a great first touch and can pass really well.

Always said this. He may be one-dimensional and have obvious weaknesses but his technical ability often gets overlooked or even discarded. He rarely loses the ball even in tight spaces, has a great first touch and can pass really well.

I'd go as far as to say that he has the best first touch at the club

Bony's is pretty good to be fair.

I'm sure by the end of the season Sané will be considered our first choice RM. But Navas still has a lot of room to improve, and whats more, he wants to improve. What a player he could've been.

This. Same with Nasri. Think both players will play important roles this season.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.