Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is we lack a player that's exceptional 1v1 against a defender. If the kid is as special as some say he is, he'll may well be the cornerstone of our future. It all depends on how good he really is.

There a no top class central midfielders, strikers or defenders available though.

Isco looks like he could be gettable and Sane is clearly one for the future.

If we leave it until the summer Bayern might move in and considering he is looking like next top class German talent it will be likely that they will be interested, especially considering Robben and Ribery are now in their thirties.

Going in now may be our best bet if we really want him.

Still doesn't sit right with me. He may well be talented, but we're lacking in other areas. There's bound to be some gems out there which could fit in our team nicely, a strong commanding centre back to give us a bit of steal. We've failed to address our weakness in our midfield for years. Fernando is wank and delph can't stay fit. There has to be a central midfielder out there who can do a better job than Fernando.

It seems lazy splashing out 40 million on a 19 year old winger, when we've got talented wingers in our academy.

I won't bum you. You make a good point that our academy will be discouraged by this.

All I can say is that I understand why Txiki would do it if he thinks Sane is Ballon d'Or level potential. Probability wise, it's unlikely we have that type potential at the academy. Even the best academies can't produce those players consistently.

It's also possible we created the academy with the idea that we wouldn't develop any great talents for six or seven years, and in the meantime use it to generate extra revenue. The prices for domestic players in the Premier League are absolutely mad right now with the influx of money. Naismith for 9m, for instance. And he's not even homegrown. I know what we say in the press, it's just hard to reconcile that with our purchasing behavior. Seems we look at our academy first, but we do so ruthlessly. If a player doesn't have the potential to be world class, we have no problem spunking fortunes young talents.

Very possible this is a demand by Guardiola.
Agreed.

Still doesn't sit right with me. He may well be talented, but we're lacking in other areas. There's bound to be some gems out there which could fit in our team nicely, a strong commanding centre back to give us a bit of steal. We've failed to address our weakness in our midfield for years. Fernando is wank and delph can't stay fit. There has to be a central midfielder out there who can do a better job than Fernando.

It seems lazy splashing out 40 million on a 19 year old winger, when we've got talented wingers in our academy.

If we are indeed getting Guardiola, those comment by him regarding Sane may fit into why we are going for him.

It might be the same reason we have been linked to Gundogan as well.

Guardiola & Sane both better be top if we're spending x amount to please them both!

I know it's quite a divisive topic but at what point do we actually give our own kids a go?

There has to be a point where they get more than 10 minutes at end of a cup game so we can actually find out if we have our own 'Sane' 'De Bruyne' 'Sterling' etc.

George Evans would do a better job than fernando

Fact is we lack a player that's exceptional 1v1 against a defender. If the kid is as special as some say he is, he'll may well be the cornerstone of our future. It all depends on how good he really is.
Isco and Gomez are both exceptional 1 v 1 players and are both more importantly needed than Sane. That said, I do love the kid's sweet ball touch. :) and I wouldn't say no to his inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.